Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My Ford Touch Extended warranty and software update mailings

5K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  FordIVTteam 
#1 ·
Just read a couple of articles stating that Ford has extended the warranty on MFT to 5 years and unlimited mileage.
They will also be mailing out (or downloaded) updates called MFT 3.5 next month to owners of non Navigation systems and in January for owners with navigation.
http://www.autoblog....ended-warranty/

#4 ·
I hope mine gets mailed. For some reason syncmyride.com won't let me download the status checker tool (freaking dealership never reported the update!) or the updates.

Does anyone know if there is a way to notify Ford that I need the update mailed to me?

... now if only they would follow VW's lead on the DCT warranty...

#5 ·
I hope mine gets mailed. For some reason syncmyride.com won't let me download the status checker tool (freaking dealership never reported the update!) or the updates.

Does anyone know if there is a way to notify Ford that I need the update mailed to me?
Did you get 3.5.1 installed and the dealership just never reported it or do you actually need 3.5.1? If the former, just run a vehicle health report and it will update your version status on SMR to the new version. This is what I had to do as my dealership never reported the new version after I had them install 3.5.1.

#11 ·
I'm thinking about doing the 3.5.1 update myself and living without Navigation for a month or two.

#12 ·
Our 2011 Edge is showing as having an update available, the 2012 Focus has nothing available.

The joys.

Are the 3.2.2 and 3.5.1 updates going to play nice with the current SD cards or am I SOL?

Sync My Ride has never liked my Focus, doesn't really care for my reported installs or anything.

#14 ·
I was lucky in that I failed to note that 3.2.2 was there, until it was gone. 3.0.2 has been pretty good - yes, the verbal commands stopped working once (master reset solved that), and it's done some funky things with my iPhone 3GS on USB for a time (it might have been drinking I think), but I'm overall happy. I will do 3.5.1 but not until Ford sends it to me - downloads are sometime kind of flaky. I'll take marginally better!

#17 ·
Hi, everyone -

I just wanted to jump in and clarify some information. We will not be sending the update in the mail, but it will be available for download on SyncMyRide.com in mid-December (for non-nav vehicles). Vehicles with nav will be able to download the update and order a new SD card in early January. We'll be notifying owners by mail and SYNCMyRide, so make sure you start checking your SYNC Account in mid-December.

If anyone has any additional questions, shoot me a PM.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Jaclyn

#19 ·
Dealerships have the A4 SD cards for navigation now. I had them apply 3.5.1 and give me a new SD card the last time I brought it in for the DCT/strut brace clunk/rain sensing wiper dry swipe/RDID IA key issues.

3.5.1 works better, but still has many problems. At least it is usable this time.

#20 ·
My MFT recently has decided to no longer play nice with any device via Bluetooth, and I'm also getting a really annoying buzzing/vibrating sound from the speakerphone area on the overhead console. Should this be enough reason for the dealer to install the update? The small issues I'm having with this car after owning it for just 8 months are really starting to become frustrating...but I'm trying to stay positive and not become one of those whiners.

Also, random off topic question: Is a blown speaker covered in the warranty? I'm still well within factory warranty and even purchased the extended warranty, but this seems like something they may omit from that. Can't believe the Upgraded Sony system could have this issue already.

Thanks in advance!

#21 ·
My MFT recently has decided to no longer play nice with any device via Bluetooth, and I'm also getting a really annoying buzzing/vibrating sound from the speakerphone area on the overhead console. Should this be enough reason for the dealer to install the update? The small issues I'm having with this car after owning it for just 8 months are really starting to become frustrating...but I'm trying to stay positive and not become one of those whiners.
Also, random off topic question: Is a blown speaker covered in the warranty? I'm still well within factory warranty and even purchased the extended warranty, but this seems like something they may omit from that. Can't believe the Upgraded Sony system could have this issue already.
Thanks in advance!
Hi, Joe84FL -

I definitely recommend having the latest update installed, but have you tried performing a Master Reset yet? If not, here are the instructions:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync

Also, just an FYI, the 3.5.1 update will soon be available as a self-install on SyncMyRide.com for vehicles without navigation. For those with nav, you'll be able download the update and order your new SD card in January.

For warranty-related questions, give my partner, Cory, a shout. His username is: FordCustomerService.

Jaclyn

#22 ·
The Sync My Ride website still says that my Sync is through 3 years (not 5 years). Will this be updated or do we need to obtain in writing that the warranty is extended?

Also, I am taking the car to the dealer this weekend for the update (I don't have NAV). I hope that this solves the bluetooth issue (be able to see what music is playing on MFT).

I haven't even had my car a week yet, haha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.