Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Fun with PlastiDip!

2M views 3K replies 351 participants last post by  RonMaiden 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I got off my lazy butt and hit up the Lowes and got a rattle can of Plastidip and did some car modding today.

Anyone else had some fun with Plastidip? Post up some pics!

I know Pattacular has some pics [popcorn]

Temp usage. -30 - 200

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/fil...6techsheet.pdf

See less See more
#615 ·
what are you guy's using to cover the lug holes when painting? I taped off 2 of my wheels, but when i peeled the tape large chunks peeled off with the tape. the other 2 i just painted then torqued the lug nuts 5 or 6 times, so far no issues.

#616 ·
I didn't cover the holes.

#623 ·
how well do y'all think plasti dip will hold up on a fiberglass hood? i know they dont get as hot as metal ones... and it will give me a "smoother" finish than me trying to paint it. and part of it will be vinyl wrapped.

#636 ·
^^ If you can get the tape line straight I think it would look great. Gives the car a annoyed/angry look IMO.

I say do it!

#638 ·
True, but if he did the side mouldings and a few other things in black it would be a running color scheme, STRONGLY agree though about the chrome though, that is a big transition. Perhaps black housings? [thumb] [cheers]

#640 ·
I agree about the contrast thing like you guys are saying. In real life it actually isn't that drastic and flows rather well. Most eyelids I've seen on Yellow cars are ugly and for some reason mine just flow well, maybe I'm bias? I think that the front of the car has enough black to make it flow well, License plate holder, upper and lower grill etc.. I'll re do both of them and get a good front shot of the car to show you guys. I'm probably not gonna keep them on as I'll get sh!t tons of hate from friends.

#641 ·
Well that right THERE is why plasti-dip is awesome. It's quick, cheap and reversible. [cheers]

Can't wait to see it.

#651 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.