Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ac recharge

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  goinloco1 
#1 ·
where is the ac recharge port on a 2000 zx3 and how do i acess it?

#5 ·
ok... i'll correct you[:D]
one port is located just to the left of the drivers side headlight in a hole in the support member. the other is on the passenger side in front of the tire behindthe plastic wheelwell liner. you have to remove the tire and liner to access it. its on top of what looks like an aluminum can.
the one you want to use is next to the headlight

#7 ·
goinloco1 said:
ok... i'll correct you[:D]
one port is located just to the left of the drivers side headlight in a hole in the support member. the other is on the passenger side in front of the tire behindthe plastic wheelwell liner. you have to remove the tire and liner to access it. its on top of what looks like an aluminum can.
the one you want to use is next to the headlight
um, car a/c units have not been allowed to use a coolant for years. if the a/c is not working it is something else.

#8 ·
fallacious_focus said:
um, car a/c units have not been allowed to use a coolant for years. if the a/c is not working it is something else.
umm, r134a is what the focus uses and it can be recharged.... check, you'll find the high and low pressure ports where i stated. they do not use a sealed system. refrigerant can be bought at the parts store and added, i've done it...

so according to your statement we all imagine having a/c?
r12 was done away with years ago, r134 took its place, now there is another type out altho i dont recall what its called.

the internet is a wonderful place to do research on subjects like this...

#9 ·
Tommyswift said:
have you done it, i was told that the one next to the headlight was the high pressure port and it wouldnt work?
yes ive done it. if you buy the can of 134 at the parts store it will only fit one port. so it cant be screwed up. make sure you get the can with the guage so you dont overfill. that will cause bad cooling too along with component damage from too much pesssure.
its pretty much made so it cant be messed up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.