Focus Fanatics Forum banner

"Official" Hawaii Photo Thread

191K views 1K replies 59 participants last post by  808zx5 
#1 · (Edited)
Post Up Pics of your ride here. I'm pretty sure I'm probably the only one of two green ZTS's riding around on Oahu. You never know, we may run into each other someday. Here's pictures of my ride. I know I show these alot, so I'll post some new ones when I get the time to shower....damn dust. [:p]

New Pictures to Come Soon.

See less See more
#1,080 ·
If I had money I'd take it. I gotta buy tires and pay for the backtaxed registration on the SVT :/

OH and I swapped the lock pins. Was pretty easy, luckily the grease held the pins together too. If it wasn't raining I would be swapping them in now.

#1,092 ·
Why are you rebuilding the tumbler, I guess I missed that?

kauai, did you get the fuel door on yet? I did, but mine doesn't sit exactly flush, plus the latch barely catches in the slot I ct in the US fuel pocket. I can fix that by adding plastic, but I wish the door fit better. Either I bent the arm, or it came that way, though it isn't noticeable by eye. How does yours fit YZ?

Taking out and putting in the pocket and door sucks though. Not sure why they make the simple stuff so difficult.

#1,094 ·
@miragesmack: everything fits good, I had the entire assembly too

@Kauai Guy: whoa, new name! Where you able to rearrange the rings in my tumbler? Or did you just transfer the ones from you passenger side lock like you said you were gonna do?

#1,095 ·
Yeah I just took the tumblers from my passenger door. I put it in already and it works just like it should haha. Now I have to figure out the wiring for the hatch. the door ajar light is on all the time and it's because I used the 01 hatch harness with the svt harness. I heard it's only 1 wire thats different :/

#1,097 ·
Well if you don't mind checking it for me I would appreciate it greatly. It's probably the same for 03 anyways, the big change was in 2002.5.

I was actually reading that it might be the latch itself causing the door ajar light to stay on. I double checked to make sure that none of the lights stay on with the doors closed, and they don't, so I'm stumped lol. Everything works the way it should, but the door ajar light just stays on.

As a temporary measure I pulled the bulb anyways hahaha.

#1,098 ·
Ok, so the tumbler was redone for the US keys, not the euro? I ask because i still can't find an entire set of sedan tumblers, trunk being the hardest, and thought you were doing it to fit tibbe tumblers in.

Again, sorry to poach on your thread, but I basically get all my useful euro info from this thread. Kauai, I just picked up the same grill as you, looks good, cheaper than getting it in the states for some reason!

#1,099 ·
Actually the hatch tumbler was already keyed for a tibbe key, I just rekeyed it to match mine.

I find it interesting that you find all of your euro parts info from here haha. I guess it's one of the better kept secrets on this forum?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.