Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What do you think of this custom center console tray?

• *THROWS MONEY AT SCREEN*

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I am very interested and would recommend to my friends!

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I am interested.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Iffy, might be interested if some things are changed (ie. maybe priced too high).

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • No, I don't really need it.

Votes: 15 16.1%

Injection Molded Center Console Tray WITH Change Holder Thread (MK3 Focus)

43K views 182 replies 60 participants last post by  oshoguno 
#1 · (Edited)
**FINAL UPDATE**
If you are reading this, sadly the project did not reach its funding goal and there is no way to get this manufactured. If you like the idea of a center console tray (and you have 2012 model Focus), I recommend buying the OEM part. I was a good learning experience for me and something I'll definitely carry with me.

**UPDATE MAR 8, 2013**
Project is Now LIVE until MAR 31, 2013, please see below on how to back this project for as low as $20 (black tray shipped to you).

This project is running from March 3-31, 2013. If after March 31, 2013 the project has not reached its goal ($22,000 raised), the project is cancelled and we will not have another chance at an alternative console tray.

On Indiegogo, you back the project securely using Paypal (you don't need to make an Indiegogo account). You can also not use paypal and pay by credit card. You will be charged immediately when you back the project but then if the project does not reach its goal, you will receive a FULL REFUND. Also when you back a project, you can choose to be anonymous on the project page.

It is better to back the project sooner because these projects will get featured on the main page if they are getting a lot of backers, thus leading to more chances of further funding. Also, it can gain the attention of local newspapers who may run the story and thus we get more exposure. They ran a story for this other Indiegogo project when it reach $6000 in funding.

How To Back Project
Step 1: Click this link http://igg.me/at/TRES/x/2498758
Step 2: You should now be on the project page. Scroll down and click the correct perk on the right. You should click "Early Bird Special" where you will be mailed 1 black tray for $20 (US and Canada) or $25 (International, any country other than US and Canada).

Step 3: Enter Your email Address and click Continue
Step 4: Fill Out Your Shipping Information and then Click Paypal button
Step 5: You'll be redirected to Paypal. Either sign in with your Paypal account or enter your credit card info and press continue
Step 6: You will be charged immediately, and on the next page, you can choose whether to be anonymous or display your name and contribution on the project page.
Step 7: Spread the word.
Step 8: March 31: 11:59PM. If Project reaches $22,000 in funding or more, money will transfer to me and I'll pay supplier who will immediately begin making the mould. If Project does not reach $22,000, receive a FULL refund in 3-5 days (in original payment method).

**UPDATE: MAR 04, 2013**

PROJECT IS NOW LIVE! GOGOGO! via INDIEGOGO

TRES - THE ULTIMATE ACCESSORY TRAY FOR YOUR FORD FOCUS

**UPDATE: MAR 03, 2013**

PROJECT KICKOFF VIDEO:

TRES - THE ULTIMATE ACCESSORY TRAY FOR YOUR FORD FOCUS

**UPDATE: FEB 26, 2013**
I received the 3D Print today and the fit and function is fantastic. Check it out @ http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4609930&postcount=40.

See less See more
#168 ·
Pinion, at least you have your 3D print to use!

#169 ·
Could you upload the design to shapeways and let them be printed/ordered on demand? I don't know if there would be a significant quality difference but it would be a way to do it without the upfront investment.

If you try to crowd fund this again I'll be in though. [8D]

#172 ·
Check this page out: http://www.shapeways.com/about/how_does_it_work?li=home-learnmore

Shapeways, from what I read, is basically the service that takes your idea or 3d design and 3D Prints it and sells it on it's website for you. If they accept the type of file you have you might be able to see if they could produce the Console Tray for us. Looks like they accept .STL files (See FAQ at the bottom).

I think this would be a cool way for you to get what you designed out there and for the people who want it to get it!

#175 ·
Any more progress been made on this? I'm still really interested in this and if we can get the file or have the OP submit the file to shapeways we could still benefit from it!

#180 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.