Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Headlamp washers don't work

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nilskje 
#1 ·
Hello,

I own ford focus mk1 2003 1.8 tdci with orginal xenon headlamps and headlamp washers. I notices that guy who changed my clutch did forget to return reverse switch connector on it's place so I had issue with reverse light. I fixed it but another isuue is still apear. My headlamp washers doesn't work after replacing clutch. I didn't noticed this issue from begging so it was late for reclamation. Windscreen washers works perfectly. I assume there are two independent pumps not one attached to bottle for washing system (windscreen + headlamp). Is there chance that guy also forget something to re-attach or something else can be wrong? Please advice which points I have to check.

#4 ·
With headlamps on (switch set to on) and ingnition on (engine not running) , try using the washer, (holding it for like 10-15 seconds) and listen for the pumps sounding, the washer pump for the headlights should run for the first 3-6 seconds , making a lot more noise than the windscreen washer pump, chk this first, before we start looking into the wiring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.