Focus Fanatics Forum banner

!! Steeda CAI Results Only !!

57K views 158 replies 49 participants last post by  Von551 
#1 ·
Guys,

Before I order the Steeda intake would like to hear from ONLY those that have the intake. I know there is a thread about 3 miles long on the release of the intake but would like to hear from those that have it and what their findings are for real world. Do you like it? Notice better throttle response? Would you do it again?

#103 ·
These cars respond rather well already even to just intake/ exhaust modifications on the stock programming, but it would theoretically do much better if it could be custom road load tuned to maximize the performance safely, rather than risking the car running too lean or too rich.

#105 ·
Just put my order in. The rep Tj had me go through from Steeda is Matt. He was very helpful and got me the intake for well below msrp. Thanks again

#106 ·
I just got my Focus Ti about 2 months ago.

I have never ever modded a car in my life (this is the first decent car I have had, and first new car I have had).

I have a couple of questions if you gents could offer me some advice.

Does adding a CAI void your warranty for anything?

If I have never modded anything (or never really worked on my car at all) will I have trouble installing this?

Maybe any other info/tips would be nice.

Thanks guys!

#107 ·
Nope, and it will not void your warranty. As for the install if you can handle a screw driver you will be able to install it just fine. Just take your time and read the instructions.

#108 ·
Fantastic.

Thanks Red.

I appreciate your input. I see you posting around here a lot!

Really enjoying the forums here guys. Everyone is very helpful... except for that one guy who keeps talking about his 9,000 posts and is a troll.

[loveff]

#110 ·
So mine came today and I decided to throw it on. It took me about an hour and a half. I wish I could say it went smoothly but after getting the oem intake off and half way into the installation I realized Steeda failed to send me two of the four bolts that thread into the Maf housing tube! Sooo, now I'll have to wait to get new ones and then reinstall it all over again! I think they should also include some sort of glue to hold the rubber seal down. I ended up cutting it like several others have done. It definitely has the sti/boxer sound some have reported. The car seems to like it to as I'd say it increased 2-3mpg.

#126 · (Edited)
I ended up buying an extra intake tube that runs from the radiator support frame to bottom side of the intake. Once it's in the steeda they're nearly impossible to get out since the tabs are hardened plastic. Oem tube is only $12 and makes swapping between factory intake and steeda a breeze for warranty repairs. I spent 30 minutes trying to remove it out of the steeda to get it back into the stocker.

#129 ·
could it be that everyone is just psychologically experiencing "gains" from a cai? Mighty car mods posted a video showing and proving that cai is a waste of time and rubbish over stock parts... Not hating on anyone here. Just asking. Anyone actually dyno tested this to see the results? I'm sure someone will tell me though to go read through the dyno threads.

#130 ·
Unless the dyno is being played with, it's hard to argue with numbers. Look at the manufacturer provided dynos, or see this thread: http://forums.focaljet.com/ti-vct-t...take-kit-test-results-dyno-graphs-inside.html
For a huge grouping of dynos.
I think i saw that youtube video, where they tested it out on a single car. Hardly conclusive, and using no name cai doesn't mean anything. Some cars respond well to it, and in others the air intake isn't the bottleneck. In ours clearly it is acting as a bottleneck.

#136 ·
that sounds like a nice set up. I will probably only dyno mine after i get both exhaust + CAI installed. No point doing exhaust then CAI again..

Planning to do RS style dual exhaust, with magnaflow components. Completely custom ofcourse, and cutout the rear valance for the dual tips.
For CAI steeda is more expensive for us australians haha unfortunately shipping is a killer
Any other options on where to buy apart from the steeda site?

#141 ·
That kit is designed for the ST, not the N.A. focus.

#143 ·
Installed mine today. Even after reading the posts i was surprised by how loud the intake is, not that it's a bad thing. I agree that it produces a distinctive growl not unlike the sound from Scooby Boxers, as was mentioned in an earlier post. Still too soon to say if there's a difference in performance but the throttle response 'seems' quicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.