Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Wisconsin People

241K views 3K replies 100 participants last post by  RuinedSVT 
#1 ·
We need our own chat thread. [hihi]

#1,483 ·
Let's just say the dealership knew how special of a car is was and weren't going to take any low offers. With that said, I walked in their determined to drive away with it night(I've wanted one for so long). I was not about to let this rare little gem slip through my fingers!
Right now I couldn't be happier with the car. I'm ready to get in on the Wisconsin gatherings of foci!

#1,519 ·
keep an eye out for me, that's my stomping grounds all week!

If you see a silver st that is dumped about 3" off the ground in front, that's me! So wave and honk and I'll have my eyes peeled for a comp o.

-gabe

#1,488 ·
ahh nice, my GF works off of bluemound. Im typically only down there on the weekends, this weekend being the exception she is coming up here this weekend :)

#1,489 ·
Alright, I need some ideas from the WI group on what I should do to my Foci because I really don't know what I should do to it besides tinting the windows, changing out the headlights and a possible drop... and some interior mods.
Any suggestions would be appreciated [8D]

#1,494 ·
So I'm pretty sure my Miata took a shit. I'm gonna probably part it out and recover some money. With little money, I'd kinda like to get another Focus as it's a practical year-round car for a college kid like me. Anyone know of something reallllly cheap? I don't really care about anything else besides reliability.

#1,495 ·
vaboom123, Let me know how those mods work for you. Mine is still stock as of now, there's some general maintenance that I need to do first but then i want start with the basic mods.

I've heard the SVT is a bit tempermental until its warmed up, can anyone confirm this? I think the engine runs fine, I think its just the clutch that needs to warm up until the little jerkiness goes away.

#1,496 ·
I just have the basic svtf stuff. Tune, orp, cai, and an exhaust. I'd really like to get a throttle body for it some day. I also drilled out the old tranny to subframe mount bushing and put poly ones in there.

On the stock tune mine had a slight hesitation until warmed up at a steady speed. The only thing I didn't do was clean the maf yet. I probably wouldn't hurt, but why would it run much better on the stock tune? I still think it has to be in the tune.

#1,506 ·
^
I'm with Brenton on that one lol.

Anyone know of a good place to get a headgasket done at? I don't trust myself doing it, plus I'd like to have the motor inspected anyway. I might have to keep the Miata and it'd be lighter on the wallet to just pay for the repairs this time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.