Focus Fanatics Forum banner

did pretty awful but it was still fun

5K views 47 replies 10 participants last post by  streetracer 
#1 ·
First time at the track last night. Took like 10 runs a couple dicks asked if I knew where my gas pedal was. Best run was 16.19 with an rt of .922 at 84 mph. I have intake exhaust and udps. I think I did pretty awful even for my first night.

#7 ·
Thats a good time. You may be able to nail 16.1 and maybe better with a good launch and good shifts. If you didn't this time take out everything in the back and come to the track with 1/2 a tank.

#9 ·
Oh. I didn't know you had a 2.3l.. I'd expect 15.9-8 maybe. I'm not to familure with the times and the 2.3l. You said exhaust do you mean full exhaust or cat back? A full exhaust and intake really wakes those 2.3ls

#12 ·
just practice.. youll get better

there was a guy at MIR last time i went, hes on here, dont remember his name on here though. but he only has an intake on his 04 2.3 and he ran like 15.4 i think.. which is pretty good with only those mods..

can you post your timeslip so we can see 60', 330', 1/8, etc and also what size tires are you running?

#13 ·
15.4?! [ohcrap] Thats quick for only having a intake.. I'd have to see it myself to believe it. Are you sure he doesnt have a 20 shot or have massive amounts of weight taken out?

#16 ·
yeah insane i was suprised to, but thats what he said his best run was.. i would have thought with the 3.41 gears and only an intake hed be around 15.8. his name is skiddkid on here

hybridtheory thats not a bad run at all.. it looks like you need to work on your launches. you aren't making a ton of power so you should be able to launch well and get the wheels to spin a little bit but not so much you spin all the way through first gear and wheelhop a lot.. if you can get around a 2.2-3 60', you would be around 15.5-15.7 in the 1/4. and i've seen a 2.2 on fairly stock cars.

what rpm do you launch at?

#18 ·
oh yeah you have an auto.. thats not bad at all.. yeah wheelhop sucks.. thats what im having problems with now. i got rid of some of it, but its still there which is why my 60' isnt that great..

and im guessing you meant .54 as your rt. it doesnt affect your total time, only who wins. the timer starts as soon as you leave, not when the tree gets to the bottom.

is a .500 perfect at that track? or .000? some tracks have .500 perfect and other .000. at my local 1/8 track .500 is pefect and i thought i was doin crappy when i would get .550 and then i found out lol. and MIR i was able to get a .002 rt :)

#22 ·
Those tc can be quick. You have a good time for being an auto btw..

#25 ·
yeah not bad......I don't know much about times though (hmm gotta see at the next track event maybe....I mean drag. whatever lol) but yeah, I'm sure you'll do better with a tune. from what I've heard they really wake up the auto's. then again, mostly anything will improve the times, lol.

#26 ·
^^ I have a auto and I just got my tune from tom friday. it's been raining ever since i got it so i've yet to see how hard it hits going into second. Now i just spin through second with the ground being wet and all..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.