Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What can i do to freshen up my zetec

5K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  Mile30 
#1 ·
Hey guys any ideas to freshen up my zetech I got a 2.0L DOHC any tips

#32 ·
It is for engine management. it will be tailored to your car and only your car. It will run better and you get free updates as you add parts.

Here is the ECU section, http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Please excuse Paul, me and the banter.

He still hates me for what happened at Band Camp up by Eagle River.

#33 ·
Please excuse Paul, me and the banter.

He still hates me for what happened at Band Camp up by Eagle River.

That's not true, I just couldn't appreciate what was happening at the time. Oh and go ahead and tell my wife, but be prepared for the opposite of what you think will happen [deviltail]

#39 · (Edited by Moderator)
You are being counter productive then.... If your installing a system and looking for performance your adding in weight and more drain on the electrical system and looking for performance. Usually the two are not done together. Typically every 100 lbs lost is a gain in a 1/10th of a second in the 1/4 mile. also the weight kills you in the corners.

#40 · (Edited)
It all depends on his goals. Every car that I've had since the mid 80's, the stereo is the first mod. I've added a couple hundred pounds between the system and soundproofing in this current car. I love music period.

If I wanted a race car I'd go buy a stripped down Civic.

#45 ·
True, but you can add a nice sound system with it adding weight. Replace the the speakers with some nice Infinity Kappa's, with baffels and a high quality head unit with a good amp. That would give you "sufficient" volume, great sound, and a kick.

This is coming from someone who competed in SPL competitions with his focus and had 3 12" subs pushing over 3000 watts through them.

You can make the car sound good with out adding more weight with amps or subs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.