Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What can i do to freshen up my zetec

5K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  Mile30 
#1 ·
Hey guys any ideas to freshen up my zetech I got a 2.0L DOHC any tips

#2 ·
Febreeze.
You can try "Sunflowers & Sunshine", or "Spring Renewal"...I'm partial to "Glistening Alpine" this time of year, myself. That's more of an interior thing though.

If you're actually asking about the engine bay, you can always find a detailer or dealership that can steam clean it for you. really cleans things up nicely, and you can hang an air freshener or spritz some Frebreeze on the hood liner from there.

That would make it so fresh...and clean, clean.

#7 ·
Shouldn't you be working instead of dinking around on the net Shane?
I need that project on my desk[target]

And yes Josh, have a light heart please.

What is your budget?

That's the best place to start.

Welcome to the site.

#10 ·
Depending on mileage and budget; I'd do a basic tune-up (plugs, wires, etc) and actual dyno tuning. It will change the maps the ECU uses to run; and could "wake up" a few more ponies that Ford didn't think the average consumer would miss.

Mine never ran better than after the tune. The downside is the price. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than forced induction, especially if you're not gutting it and forging it, but the SCT3 will run right around $400; then you have to strap it down and let the pro set that thing up. It'll purr like a kitten and go a tad bit better than before; and you'll already have the tuner to make changes later. PLUS you can have two programs on the SCT3. I have a 87octane tune for fuel savings, and a 93octane tune that wrings every last bit of safe power out of the setup that's on the engine.

But it's your money; do what you feel with it!

#12 ·
^ what kind of extra power were you able to get off the 87 tune and 93 tune, this looks like a good kind of mod for someone looking to keep the engine stock and maintain driveability. Oh was there any increase in MPG?

John, that would be around the 116,xxx miles for the folks here

#18 ·
Okay that is totally cool.

I did really good for my money using the buy-sell-trade section. If you are gonna turbo in the next year, you just need some basics for the now. Go buy a K&N panel filter and drop it in. Search around B-S-T or, go to a junkyard for a SVT intake snorkel(one of our vendors C-F-M has them new but they are about $80 US). That should put you back $100.00 to start. Then, start looking at 2.5" exhaust. Many of our members are happy with these guys, http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.co...ord-cln-00-dsh-04-Ford-Focus-Zetec/Categories

But you will have to contact them to see if they ship up north.

Start saving because you'll be needing a 65mm throttle body and adjustable cam gears topped off with having them set on a dyno.

Then there is the suspension and other bits.

I have done, 4-2-1 header(and wrap), 2.5" flex, 2.25 exhaust, Focus sport intake, 65mm throttle body, adjustable cam gears(dyno-tuned), SCT XCAL3 tuned by our very own 1turbofocus, Moog swaybar endlinks, prothane rear swaybar bushings, SVT dampers, Eibach Pro Kit springs(1.5" drop) and and an alignment.

All for $1400.00 US and 18 months.

Things can be done.

Now I am gathering everything to go turbo.

Welcome to the addiction

#20 ·
A tune would be one of the best mods you could do for yours since it's a automatic. It'll firm up the shifts and make it overall much better to drive. After that I'd get a SVT header conversion, that with a tune is easily the most bang/hp for your buck you'll get.

#24 ·
I'd do a tune first, then depending on who you go with you can update the tune for the mods. If your truly going to go turbo then forget the header and intake and put that money towards the turbo since it will remove the header and intake.

#25 ·
But he is talking about boosting Paul. That's why I negated the SVT header and suggested the other bits.

#26 ·
And why I also added that [unsure] [paranoid], uh yeah that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it [:D]

This is why I say a tune first. It can grow with the other mods and net the best driveability for the auto even in stock form.

#27 ·
I don't have to take this kind of stuff ya know?[bawling]

Toms tune would be a good start for sure.

That's 431.00 shipped Josh.

Do you have a laptop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.