Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Mid West Boredom Thread

439K views 4K replies 92 participants last post by  UnFocusedST 
#1 ·
So, I figured every other place had one.. Why not us? Even though there aren't very many active people in this forum.

#1,104 ·
Andre that freakin sux. Hope u have good insurance.

I hit some of it leaving st charles yesterday headin back to kc. Cant remember exactly where, but it was hard enough everyone pulled over under a bridge cept for me and a couple trucks.

#1,117 ·
Wow, this place has become no fun at all. All this arguing over stickers and rules and membership. If you all were that interested in making a real club why aren't we talking about putting up some real money and renting a track or something our cars were meant to do other than just hanging out in a parking lot and looking at them.
Not all of us are addicted to the internet and have the time to spend participating in a cyber argument. We should have a meet and discuss these things in person if it's that important to you. Not everyone has the waaay overrated facebook, so if that's where the "real" club is moving to then I guess I'm out.

#1,178 ·
That was not an argument, at least not by my definition. Please always keep in mind that posting is emotionally sterile. This can lead to misunderstandings. The smilies help a bit. [cheers]
OK. Lets address some of your points.
Making a real car club. >> This requires some form of organization or were dead out the door. I would recommend an 'affiliate' format as it is easiest and flexible. But you must have some core rules or you get chaos. Personally, I would organize by region (cause all car clubs is local). "Saint Louis Regional Focus Owners Club". We would interact internally as well as shared events with the "Kansas City Regional Focus Owners Club" or the "Louisville Regional Focus Owners Club" as we are between these two fictional entities. Each region uses whatever form of organization works for them. There are many points and issues to address. I won't go into them all here.
renting a track >> Gateway is all but shutdown. I could find no SCCA events near by. Strong possibility I am using the wrong search terms. No prior experience setting up such an event. Help?
Not all of us are addicted to the internet and have the time to spend participating in a cyber argument. We should have a meet and discuss these things in person if it's that important to you. >> Yes/No/Yes. Posts to this forum are 'sticky', you can read them as your schedule allows. Hence you don't need to be on the internet all the time. But you also raise a good point regarding timely notification for future important events. This forum can be used to identify what the issues are before we meet in person.
facebook >> I personally won't go there. Social Media sites will always have issues with security, privacy etc. There is also a problem with access. clnzx4 posted pics recently and I cannot view them (as an example).
Alternatives: Don't form a car club. This is by far the easiest format. Folks attend (or not) publicly available events and invite others to attend (pretty much what we have now).
Feedback?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.