Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2013 fog lights

13K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  flyboyike 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 ford focus se that came with out fog light I read a write on the 2012 s model that did the install and noticed it was a big headache to do the relays and harness in fuse box, I wanted to know if there is an easier way to wire them in like hard wiring them into the headlight harness.

Anyone know the part number for wiring harness if I need it?

#2 ·
Part Name: Parking Aid And Fog Light Jumper Harness
Brand: Ford Genuine Parts

Part Number: 15K867
Price: $14.32
Quantity:
+Add To Cart
Part added to cart successfully
ShareThis
Part Description: 2.0L I4 DI TIVCT Petrol 160PS ; Less Front Parking Aid (Front)
Quantity Per Vehicle: 1
Package Quantity: 1

#17 ·
I pray they work. I have a 2013 se and would like aftermarket fogs that eliminate the nightmare that a previous member went through trying to duplicate a factory install job. The only problem I foresee is hooking up the harness to the "factory switch". You'll probably have to fabricate your own. Subscribing

#18 ·
Factory switch not a switch!

You will, because the factory switch isn't a switch. I'm the guinea pig, and it wasn't really a nightmare, the dealer made it right for me, took the SE back full credit and sold me a Titanium!

The factory switch is a digital controller that tells the computer what to do, so you can't just "hook up" to it. They only way to get that switch to work will be to get your BCM firmware re-flashed with an SE with Fogs. My dealer wouldn't, and took a good hit to profit taking the car back since they had promised to put the fogs on for me!

I'm happy with the ultimate outcome, but I want to save you the hassle of even ordering a factory switch, because it is not going to do the job for you.

#19 ·
Couldn't he just wire in an after market switch somewhere though? What gets me is the fact that this company is reassuring consumers that its a simple plug and play into the factory harness when we all know that's just not the case.

#23 ·
Experience was not that hard

All you guys need to do is buy a new light switch that has fog option run the fogs inside to that the run a relay and fuse in there which I wired into the fuse box. Took about 3-4 hours for total time. Running the wires into the cabin was the hardest part I'd say

#25 ·
I'm unclear about a detail. Did you just wire them, or did you find a way to use the OEM harness?

#28 ·
simplefogs?

Is there a way to install oem fogs and maybe just wire them to come on when the ignition is on......I would actually prefer them to be on all the time. Where would you tap in the hot, and would you use the wiring harness previously mentioned? I am looking for the simplest way to add fogs with limited electronic skills.

#30 ·
I bought the same kit from Blinglights. I had some difficulties though. Had to mount the light on the bezel itself using wire, a little adhesive putty ( just to keep the lens from scooting around on the back side of the bezel), and some stainless wire run through some holes I drilled in the edge of the bezel. I drilled the holes on the portion of the bezel that is hidden. I did all this because neither of the mounting methods described in the included instruction were applicable to a MK3 focus. Irritating, considering that Blinglights is advertising these as a fit for this car. The only "fit" is that they will go in the space available. Also, I had to lenghten the harness between the two lights by 16"; about 30 min of soddering and rapping. Instead of running the hot to the battery, i found an open fuse space on the box under the hood, which is hot when the ign. is on, so that I can just leave the provided toggle switch "on " all the time. (cont.)

#31 · (Edited)
(cont.) In the end, I have what appear to be factory fogs, with the added blue accent light if I care to use them, all at a cost of $110. And I like that I didn't have to get into the factory wiring. But this was not easy, especially figuring out how to mount the things. How did you mount yours? Was your harness short? Do you perchance work for Blinglights? I'll get some pics posted ASAP. Oh, and I got my bezels off Ebay for $22 with free shipping, and that was included in my $110 total, so I can't complain. Though it remains to be seen if my mounting method holds up over time.

#32 ·
I guess what I don't understand is why so many people are so hell-bent on having these fog lights as if they're some life-saving thing. My 2012 has them, but I might have used them 3 times in 14 months, and none of the those times did the fogs make a huge difference. Unless one lives in Dutch Harbor, AK, where the fog gets awful thick very often, I don't see why these things are enough of a necessity for all this headache.

#35 ·
All functionality asside the form still is enough for me to want to convert. I've always felt cars look akward with black plastic placed in the recesses of the front bumper. It just gives a cheaper appearance.

#42 ·
Oh, I agree, but how do fog lamps make the car "the best it can be"? They won't make it faster, more efficient or more valuable. It's essentially a cosmetic item that sounds like a fairly major heartburn to install, or at least to install properly. Yes, I have them, but I would never have bothered to put them in, had my car come without them. The only mods I've done are mud flaps and window deflectors, which in total amounted to less than an hour of work.

#40 ·
Which is why I chose to wait until my warranty expires. It'll give the aftermarket some time to come out with quality parts and allow the consumers to vote which is best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.