Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#1,055 ·
I just talked to a second shift supervisor at the Michigan Assembly plant. He said they built 627 cars on yesterday's second shift and the first shift did around 600. They've worked through some issues with both suppliers and quality control. This is the first week they have hit 1200 cars a day. Things are starting to look up for Ford and Ford customers.

#1,070 ·
I am not having any luck in getting my focus. After talking to my dealer yesterday he now says my car will be built next week. He still has not/will not give me a vin# or window sticker. To make matters worse even if it is built next week he said it could be almost 4 weeks before it comes in due to the river situation down here. As I stated in an earlier post, is there anyone who can do a little snooping if I give them the information I have on the vehicle order confirmation sheet I was given when the order was placed?

#1,071 ·
Get your dealer number and order number from the confirmation, head over to the Blue Oval Forums, they have a great tracker thread over there. Of course I was just further depressed when I ran mine.

Still no build date/VIN or anything. Looking like mid June for me... [bash]

#1,080 ·
Question..I have my Vin and no window sticker. Is it possible to have my dealer change my order? I ordered an SEL and I'm sure I will be happy with it, but, I just realized it is not much more for the titanium and I like the cloth sport seats better. I'm thinking I want to change the order. Is this possible?

#1,087 ·
Our Titanium Hatch was built Wednesday 5/16, showed up on ETIS Sunday, dealer called today to say its ETA in Florida was 6/3. Anxiously awaiting its arrival...

This car was built the same day another Titanium that had been ordered a couple weeks earlier - looks like Ford lumped all of them into a single day.
Mine was scheduled to be built Thursday (day after yours), but it does not show in ETIS yet. Was yours built on the day it was scheduled to be built?

#1,096 ·
Wow. That thing is beautiful, I'm going to [mecry]. My dealer just called me and said that mine might be in 3 days early (May 26)!! This images makes these remaining three days the longest of my life!

Is that the stock tint on those windows?! I know it's not very sunny, but that doesn't look too bad!

-B

#1,100 ·
Thanks Rusty,

I agree about the 18s and the sterling grey. I almost pulled the trigger on the polished, but I think the more subtle matte finish of the 18s works better with the darker silver. Personally, I thought that the polished 17s overpowered the sterling grey. But I think you nailed it. Of course, I may a bit biased as I'm getting the same thing! [hihi]

-B

#1,101 ·
So I got my brochure in the mail today... No $750 rebate for me [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry] I guess they dont offer it in Jersey

#1,106 ·
Thank you! The Platinum White Tri-Coat Metallic doesn't really show off well under today's cloudy skies...like the other metallic paints, it has sparkly bits in it that look good in sunlight (today was unusually overcast, normally we're all about the sunshine here).
Everything appears to be connected and working, including parking assist.
Car was ordered 3/8, build 4/28, and delivered 5/23. Included options:
• Rapid Spec 401A
• Winter Package
• Parking Technology Package
• Power Moonroof
• MyFord Touch/HD with Sirius/NAV

#1,114 ·
Been lurking here at FF for months, finally got around to registering.

Am very jealous to see all these deliveries, hope my Kona Blue Titanium Hatch arrives soon too.

Love the pictures, guys. Keep posting shots of your new ride!

Ordered: April 11, 2011
Vin Received: April 27, 2011
Build Date: May 5, 2011
Delivery: ?

Vin #: 1FAHP3N24CL152947

Chadwell

#1,120 ·
I have the best salesman! If anyone in the Atlanta area is thinking of getting a Focus, let me know and I will tell you who I used.

I ordered my car 4-19 and he has called me, unprompted, every week with an update. He just called me today to let me know he was looking but cannot tell yet if my car has been placed on a rail - but that he is checking daily. He also said it "popped up" that I had received the $750 privacy cash offer from Ford. Since my car was not a special order, I was surprised to hear that my dealer was notified of me receiving the coupon. Regardless, my salesman told me "that will be taken off of what we discussed". He is so easy going and helpful, unlike any other car salesman I have ever dealt with!

Now for my car....the details are now in ETIS. I am not sure reading through them was helpful with all the "more" and "less" listed. I did have one question - I ordered the "winter package" that should come with all weather floor matts - but ETIS says I get carpeted. Honestly, I prefer carpeted - but am curious about the difference between ETIS and what I ordered. Should I take a check off list when picking up my car to make sure it has everything it is suppose to have?

#1,123 ·
- I ordered the "winter package" that should come with all weather floor matts - but ETIS says I get carpeted. Honestly, I prefer carpeted - but am curious about the difference between ETIS and what I ordered. Should I take a check off list when picking up my car to make sure it has everything it is suppose to have?
Winter pkg has all weather floor mats in addition to carpeted. Nice big rubber ones w/ Focus on them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.