Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Oil out of exhaust help!!!!!!

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  BlkNite713 
#1 ·
Hey FF:

I'm having problems with my turbo build and I really only have 3-4 days to fix it. I am experience a severe amount of white smoke.... It can NOT be the head gasket!!!! I just replaced it and had the head surfaced 4/1000th to a clean straight surface. It is very thick smoke and it lingers for quite some time. What could be causing this. It is a brand new Comp Turbo Ct 4747 Triplex turbo.... This is a $1200 turbo not a freaking 400$ comp; with that said what could be causing it?

Anything and everything would be appreciated heavily because if it is the turbo I have literally Friday to get the turbo off to send it to comp for warranty work.

Anthony

#10 ·
I'm sending the turbo in. Justin at comp is almost certain it's the oil restictor fitting needs to be swapped out for a smaller one.

Anthony

#11 ·
Seals will need to be replaced as well, shame on a new piece...they should know which restrictor to use in a $1,200 turbo, taking it all out for warranty when just finished installing is no fun.

#12 ·
Yes and it won't be reinstalled till 2015. Unfortunately I leave for Afghan tomorrow so that bad boy will be sitting for the next 400 days :/. Ill try to have my uncle reinstall it and but it's doubtful.

Comp oil restrictors are rated for 20-35psi oil pressure from the factory. Because our cars go up to 70-80psi around 4k rpms they are going to have to change restrictor and most likely the seals as you stated.

It sucks but better solved now then in 2015 when it's out of warranty.

Anthony

#14 ·
Thanks, I will have it dynod and video'd when I return.... Be on the lookout for my old ass thread popping up lol.

Anthony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.