Focus Fanatics Forum banner

car not starting! lol..

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  ClubDownforce 
#1 ·
i see these all the time in this section, but hear me out

it all started when i was driving and it just sort of stalled.. but there was no throttle response, so we tried to jump it, it turned over fine without being wired to another car, but it wouldn't start, i ended up getting it to go down a hill and i popped the clutch to see if that would work, it wound up and seemed like it started, or at least wanted to start, but still no throttle response, there's still tension on the gas pedal so i'm pretty sure it's not that cable, it's 25 outside but there's a really bad windchill and i'll say within the first few minutes of being outside after it stalled i started to lose the feeling in my fingertips

any thoughts on this?! help or suggestions?

edit: also the way i was driving was very conservative (if this helps at all) i was coasting alot, kept the rpms low, usually around 1500-1800, and i was only going about 15 through the neighborhood, actually come to think of it the 10 minutes or so i was driving until it did stall i was driving about that speed, i did let it sit for a few minutes before heading off, it was still cold though

#6 ·
oh man i know! haha it's been like 9 degrees out before the wind chill, i thought i would've gotten frostbite today for sure.

i ended up getting it towed and looked at after trying just about everything, turns out the timing belt is broken and it's possible that the water pump is seized up, though i'm not sure how many miles i should get out of both? the car has 131k on it and i'd say most of the engine is original parts.

#9 ·
Well that's not so bad. Good to hear it was nothing major.

How's all this bullshit snow treating you?

Also, I see you're parting a car out, do you have a cup holder insert, and was the climate control all functioning as it should have? Mine won't budge from the dash vent position, so I think it's an issue at the climate control, directly behind the panel. I'll have to pop it open to double check.

Might need some other little stuff too, I'd have to double check.

#10 ·
my zx3 is actually trucking through the snow like a champ, it puts your average blazer to shame [dunno]

i don't think i have the insert, but my climate control all worked fine, send me pictures of what you want and i'll see what i can do

and there is a god... all i needed was a new belt and the belt tensioner, no valve damage and the water pump is fine [thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.