Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Replace my SVT?!

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  svtfocus2228 
#1 ·
so i basically have to replace my whole engine and figured i would ask the pros as i am just a jeeper who needed better gas mileage and is now sucked into the world of speed... but i was wondering if these focus-power sites that sell full engines are worth going through? should i just go to the junk yard and get another svt motor? idk let me know what you guys think my dad has a shop so we can basically do all the work. i do want more hp but i want a reliable car

#8 ·
well i did a rebuild on my svt focus cuase the crank got dug into by the 2nd owner i am the third. all toghter when i rebuild the motor it came to about 1500.00 yes you could buy one from a junk yard but it wont be a fresh new motor to put in. i replaced everything i could in my motor includeing all the sensors. but if u want more hp do a rebuild and see what u can put into it. just do pirce comparisons from a rebuild and a junk yard motor in the end u will still have to put money into it to get more hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.