Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing)

165K views 560 replies 116 participants last post by  devanmc 
#1 · (Edited)
Items you need for the install on your 2012 (If you purchase cancellors or anything else YOU THINK might work your going to waste your time and everyone elses asking why their not lit so follow my instructions)

Resistors http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?Resistor_Link_50W_6_ohm-pid601.html

Relay Harnesshttp://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?HID_relay_wiring_harness-pid582.html

An H11 35w or greater HID Kit (Same for Foglamps but they dont require anything but the HID kit since they are not monitored by the computer)

Heres some pictures of them Installed going down the road.
While Driving

Behind a Car

Side of Car

Notice this FACTORY PT Cruiser with More light on the Bumper then My car on the Honda in the Previous Picture.

Notice Little to no Glare on the Sign and how sharply the Lights Cut off. (Not a Super Sharp Cutoff but very very Noticable)

On my Private Road.

Highbeams on, Notice you can see a Sign now and before you couldnt.
The Highbeams allow you to see further but not as bright at that distance as an HID Highbeam would be.

During the Day

Enjoy and Please If your not here to contribute anything to this thread do not comment on their legality.

Opinions on how they look are welcome and if their offensive or possible arguement starter I will have them removed.
[cheers]

See less See more
#129 ·
I really don't see a need for HID yet, as I have pretty good bulbs, Ill wait for the HID assemblies to be available.. Maybe. Now for my 1954 F-100 I may go with HID's[werd]

#132 ·
I may have found away around the bulb error.

Do the fog lights give the bulb error when one is unplugged or burnt out?
If not, you can try this to make the HID's work. Use the headlight switch to run the fogs and the fog switch to run the HID's.

I have the S model to which I added fog lights, which are H11 same as the headlight. I now use the headlight switch to turn on my fogs, no error or resistors. I added a switch to turn on only the HID's.
There are two ways I can run my lights:
high beams with fogs
headlights with no tail lights... if you ever need too. [shhh]

#133 ·
Do the fog lights give the bulb error when one is unplugged or burnt out?
If not, you can try this to make the HID's work. Use the headlight switch to run the fogs and the fog switch to run the HID's.

I have the S model to which I added fog lights, which are H11 same as the headlight. I now use the headlight switch to turn on my fogs, no error or resistors. I added a switch to turn on only the HID's.
There are two ways I can run my lights:
high beams with fogs
headlights with no tail lights... if you ever need too. [shhh]
Wish I could do that, but I'm just so bad with wires...

#134 ·
Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a step by step manual/instruction guide for installing HIDs to the 2012 Focus?

#137 ·
Because with these more reputable companies, the quality is vouched for and customer service is FAR better than most of the "ebay companies."

No praying to whatever god(s) you believe in for help with customer service or luck with the product.

One purchase and done.

Of course, if you want to go with the cheap kits, that's your preference. There are obviously plenty of people out there with them that seem to be keeping them working.

#138 ·

So I got this out of retro-solutions. What I got from your other thread was to connect the 2nd capacitor to the "Not used OE Bulb Plug". Am I right?

That not used OE plug is where I'm guessing I get the errors from.

+1000 to this guy for this diagram. You must put a resistor on the unused OE Socket and Ground it and dont plug the other side to anything else.

#144 ·
just got my kit in but i was sorely disappointed when i opened the kit. The box was all deformed, not the shipping box but the actual carry box. The Ballasts has small dents all over them. One of the screws is a different size and color, and another is completely stripped out and just dangling in there. I think i must have gotten a refurb or used kit cuz this thing also had hand and finger prints all over them. I am emailing them to get a replacement set sent out immediately. I am very disappointed that this happened. I was really hoping to get them installed this weekend.
I bought the top of the line, "digital brand" kit.

#147 · (Edited)
I found these promo codes on the internet. I tried it all and it works. It's 10% off on anything on retro-solutions. You can't combine them all. Just use one.

Promo codes:

FORDFORUM (Thanks eyeballeater!)
CLUBRSX
DODGE
DIESEL

If anyone finds anything more than 10%, please share! :)

Reactions: pyzik
#150 ·
Someone finally listened and got what I've been saying to get from the start and look at that he's worry and problem free! Here I thought I was a complete idiot :)

#151 ·
Everything went great! Im glad I listened. Using the FORDFORUM promo code when buying the nightvison kit with the relay for the 2012 everything came to $100 including shipping! And most important, no headaches.....you can't put a price on that!

#156 ·
yeah i thought about that, just not a huge fan of drilling holes into my frame ya know. like i figured that would be best be i checked tonight after a while of driving with the lights on and nothing was melting or even smelling of melting. I think im ok with the heatsink for now. il just keep an eye on it. Pics coming

#159 ·
I mounted the ballasts in the fender wheels that are open when the headlight is out using Black 3m Double Side Tape (the expensive stuff)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.