Focus Fanatics Forum banner

07 side mirrors

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  sam fisher 
#1 ·
I have looked around for some aftermarket side mirrors for my focus and all I come up with is cheap ebay options. What are my options to replace my side mirrors or are any of these cheap ebay options worth it. Post up some links yall!

#4 ·
Salvage yards. Any Focus mirrors will work on your car from 00-07.

Or you can post a Want To Buy section on here for the mirror/mirrors you want to replace. I have a spare mirror I can sell and I'm sure a lot of other member would too.

Rock auto, like mentioned above, would probably be the best place to buy new IMO.

And lastly, if your willing to spend a little more, SVT mirrors will look the best on your care IMO. If you replacing the mirrors anyways, you may as well improve them.

#5 ·
I bought an extra set of SVT mirrors trying to fix my Mom's base model hatch; she wasn't thrilled I was going to rewire the car and I found my original set (non-SVT)... long story short: the power/heated SVT mirrors are available!

#7 ·
Please do not sell in a normal thread, post in the b/s/t.

The best feature about the SVT mirrors is they fold where the standard ones on our '07 are solid. The black on the SVT is a nice glossy black and look good with a color matched mirror cap.

Another option is to sand down and paint your entire mirror. They are not that hard to remove and is a decent weekend project.

I did mine several years ago and probably should redo them again this summer. The paint matches but they are not as glossy and the rest of the body. I also want to do my handles at some point to finish the look, the less dull black plastic trim, the better imo

#11 ·
Those are really cheap, which would make me worry "you get what you pay for" may come into effect. Fit and finish may not be great.. Also, you dont have power mirrors now at all, so you will have to figure out how to wire up the lights in those. google images pulls up some pictures for m3 lights on a focus, nothing spectacular.

#14 ·
Does anyone know if 08-11 mirrors will fit? The connector looks the same and I highly doubt that Ford would have changed the mounting points for it in the door stampings, since the glass for the doors and windshield appear to be the same from 2000-2011. Being as the major changes of the 08-11 were mainly cosmetic on the same bones, I see no reason they wouldn't work. Although the CAN bus was upgraded on that generation, the power windows are still operating on the LIN bus, which due to its low bandwidth nature would not have required any real updates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.