Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

767K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#1,761 ·
Thanks for your help in advance. I am one year into a three year lease with my '12 Focus Titanium Hatch, all options except park assist and nav. How hard is it to trade to a '13 Focus ST? Superb credit, 3200 miles on the car. Does anybody ever do this? I love the car but want the ST for the stick and the seats.
this is a fun site and always informational.
Bruce

#1,762 ·
The problem you will run into is your vehicle value compared to your lease buyout. I have a 12 Fusion Sport and my buyout compared to its present value is about {$4,500}. Logistically it is possible but why should I eat $4,500 when I can wait 15 months and have no negative equity and get a vehicle I want?

#1,763 ·
Hey, I'm willing to wait, just wanted to see what you thought.
As I said, I love the car, would recommend it to anyone. Heres' hoping in 20 months it has about 9K miles on it and the ST is still available.
Thanks
Bruce

#1,768 ·
My Focus ST should be arriving next week. In a spirit of optimism, I'll ask what incentives, if any, are available this month.

VIN: 1FADP3L9XDL224315
ZIP: 94954

(I'm expecting the answer "none". The Ford website shows nothing applicable to the ST, as has been the case for a while. Though the Electric makes a rare appearance in the chart, I see.)

#1,770 ·
That would really depend on if your dealer had allocation for that specific vehicle. It could take 1-3 months typically, longer if they don't actually have allocation to be able to order a car with this trim level.

#1,773 ·
i'm curious as to any leasing options available for the 2013 focus st. i'm not opposed to buying it. bu i'm not wanting to trade in my svtf to do so, being able to lease it would make this a much more appealing offer against the opposition.

#1,774 ·
Ford isn't really wanting to lease the ST. No lease cash, no special rates, plus it's a manual so the residual is 2% less than an automatic.

I ran a base ST and the lease would be $450/mo with only 12k year and that doesn't include tax even.

Same vehicle 72 months with tax is $440/mo.

#1,775 ·
wow, and yet they have lease option on a mustang gt. (not surprising as its a popular car)
how much a down payment was that for 440 a month? there is an st2 in tengerine scream at the local dealer, no one has even bothered to test drive. save for about two of my freinds.i'm going to go play on fords site and see what i come up with.

#1,777 ·
Hi i am wanting to upgrade to a flip key for my 2011 focus, i have wound two that say they will fit on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300706161917?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120989116268?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

right now i am leaning towards the first key, it looks sleeker to me, my concern about the first key is the panic button on the side looks like it will be easy to trigger accidently. Do you have a recommendation for which style you would choose.

Thanks ~ Kevin

#1,778 ·
I've been shopping for a few weeks and am getting down to the end and have a question. The dealer who is quoting me the best price is standing by his interpretation that the conquest cash rebate listed on ford.com(Program #34318) only applies to a leased vehicle. It specifically says owners of other brands in the details. Am I wrong? Is there something else I'm not understanding?
Buying a titanium HB in performance blue, and the dealer has it in stock.

Right now, there are two $1000 rebates I qualify for, and the $500 we are in debate over. One of the $1000 rebates, and the $500 go until April, the other expires Monday. But, next month is auto show month, and they always throw out rebates for that. It's just a gamble of is it going to be more or less than now. Any thoughts?

#1,781 ·
The dealer is correct, the program is actually called Competitive Lease Conquest. Here is the verbage for the actual program:

- Customers that currently lease a non-Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Motor Company Car, SUV or Light Duty Truck will receive Conquest Cash towards the purchase or lease of an eligible new vehicle.

- Current lease customers are not required to terminate their lease.

#1,780 ·
What about rebates now for the ST?
ZIP 18848
VIN 1FADP3L90DL240573

I can see the $1000 customer cash, $1000 payments on us cash, $500 auto show cash, and the usual $500 conquest/loyalty (Ranger) cash.

Confirmation anyone?

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD
There are no rebates on the ST besides Ranger owner loyalty, RCL, military.

#1,784 ·
It's not really a score to qualify it depends on your history as well. I would say generally 700+ gives you qualification for the 2.9% but I had a guy who was 687 who didn't even qualify for the top 3 tiers.

For some reason my lease isn't coming up on the GT right now I'll have to check tomorrow.

#1,785 ·
I see that they have extended the 66 month 0% for this month for Focuses. I'm confused about something though, since the website gives 2 different answers. On the incentives page, it says $2000 in bonus cash plus 0% for 66 months, but if you go to pricing and estimate your payment, it only shows $500 in rebates with the 0%. So which is it, $2000 or $500?

Also, does the lease conquest rebate stack either way?

Thanks.

Never mind, my screen wasn't refreshing correctly and I see now that those incentives are for the electric model.

#1,787 ·
Would you be able to tell me what kind of incentives/rebates I may be able to get?
Buying a 13 Focus S soon,

Vin 1FADP3E28DL200112
Zip 48602
Last name is Wasney

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile
You have a $1,500 incentive on a Focus S currently.

Check into the Focus SE though, for $730 more you get a lot more options (rebate goes up by $1,000 going to an SE). Not trying to upsell you, but you might find the value in the SE.

#1,794 ·
x plan rebate question.
I can do the x plan, and on the chart it shows $2k in rebates for the se 5 door.
My dealer is saying its either 2k in rebates or 0%, but no where in the fine print on the x-plan, or on the rebates does it say rebates or 0%.

Is there some fine print somewhere I'm not seeing?

#1,796 ·
When we pull up the incentives it states all the programs and you can either have 0% or $2,000 (there are 2 different boxes to check, so the programs are separated).

On Ford's website it should state in the fine print that the 2 offers cannot be combined. Almost all companies do the same.

#1,795 ·
Another question for you imccrea, if you don't mind. Putting in my zip on Ford.com I see mention of a $2000 cash back with 1.9% for 72 months. My dealer says that he sees a $2000 cash + $500 (student) if I finance outside of Ford.

I also currently drive a Chevy Focus. Does that mean I can get another incentive for switching to Ford?

All and all, is he seeing all of the incentives I can get? I wanna save the most, since that means I can add more options. I'm hunting for a 13 Focus SE now.

My zip is 48602, but the dealership is in 48626.

I am also wondering if those vouchers are still being sent with the brochures, since I read I can use that instead of the student offer, and save $750 instead of $500.

Edit: also seeing posts about a incentive for having sync, is that still available?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#1,797 ·
Another question for you imccrea, if you don't mind. Putting in my zip on Ford.com I see mention of a $2000 cash back with 1.9% for 72 months. My dealer says that he sees a $2000 cash + $500 (student) if I finance outside of Ford.

I also currently drive a Chevy Focus. Does that mean I can get another incentive for switching to Ford?

All and all, is he seeing all of the incentives I can get? I wanna save the most, since that means I can add more options. I'm hunting for a 13 Focus SE now.

My zip is 48602, but the dealership is in 48626.

I am also wondering if those vouchers are still being sent with the brochures, since I read I can use that instead of the student offer, and save $750 instead of $500.

Edit: also seeing posts about a incentive for having sync, is that still available?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile

You cannot have 1.9% and $2,000 rebate. You have to choose one or the other. There is a competitive lease conquest for $500 but it has to be a lease not a purchase. Also you can use the $750 offer instead of the $500 student program but again you cannot combine the two.

The Sync incentive is just the additional rebate compared to an S which only has $1,500 where my region has $2,500 because it has Sync.

#1,799 ·
Can't find the specific Focus Hatchbacks we are interested in locally, so a dealer has offered to order them for me.
Are these good deals or should we keep looking?

2013 - SE Hatchback 5spd Manual
Ingot Silver / Charcoal
201A - SE Appearance Package
Moonroof
Winter Package
Exterior Protection Package
-----------------------------
MSRP with Destination and Delivery - $24,270
Price after rebates, Ford Motor Credit and Private Offer - $19,550

2013 - ST Hatchback 6spd Manual
Ingot Silver / Charcoal
Moonroof
-----------------------------
MSRP with Destination and Delivery - $25,390
Price after Private Offer - $23,343

I live in SW Missouri and best I can tell there is $2500 in rebates and my Private Offer for $500 available.
The rebates seem to indicate you have to take delivery from dealer stock by 4/1/13 to qualify, but the dealer says he can order these cars built and get me the rebates and the above prices.
I'm told the rebates are not available on the ST and I can only use the $500 Private Offer on it.

All advice appreciated.

#1,800 ·
You need to identify what you want to do with the car. If it's a hypermiler, buy the SE. If it's going to be your "everything" car, I'd buy the ST.

The SE deal is pretty good, but that's not the best ST deal I've seen. However, you're a bit challenged with dealerships. In socal I have 20+ dealerships in an hour's drive so they're all eager to earn the business.

Just make sure whatever you do you don't get a DCT car!

#1,804 ·
Good Evening,

First post. I've been a lurker :)

Questionish: I've seen in this thread that 1.9 @ 72 mos and the $2000 can not be used together.

My confusion come from the ford page under the finance programs tab. It lists:

Offer 1 of 2
$2,000

Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash 1
and
APR Financing 2

0.0 % for 36 months
0.0 % for 48 months
0.0 % for 60 months
1.9 % for 72 months
and
$1,000

Competitive Lease Conquest 3

There is clearly an "And" there. Is this just a typo?

I am looking to purchase pretty much what Offroad posted previously. My wife and I have been approved through ford and we would like to take advantage of some of these great incentives at a great APR.

Would anyone mind clarifying? Offroads deal @ 19,550 is great, would love to get a similar deal ;-)

Thanks!

#1,805 ·
The and seems to say you can get the lower interest financing + 1000 if and only if you qualify for the competitive lease conquest.

Otherwise its a $2000 cash rebate and financing through some one else, or taking the higher interest rate from Ford Motor Credit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.