Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Going to be stationed in Pearl Harbor next year

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  thingsidont 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Im stationed in San Diego, but next year i will be going to the Pearl Harbor Sub dry dock with my family and my cars. Interested to know what you guys can tell me about the place where I'm going to at.

Hows the car scene out there? drag strips near by? What island is the base in? and what else is in this island? These may seem like stupid questions but I have never been there and don't know much about the place, can you get your car form island to another with ease?
I don't know what else to ask but please tell me anything else that you think I would want to know?!

Thanks in advance, guys!

#2 ·
The car scene is pretty good. Lots of imports. There are no drag strips that I'm aware of. You'll be on Oahu & there is lots of do & see here. I've only been here for 8 months so I'm still learning. When are coming next year? We are stationed here til June 2013 at Schofield Barracks (Army) but there is also Air Force & Marine Bases on the island also. It's a beautiful place but the traffic sucks hardcore & prices on things are pretty high compared to things on the mainland.

#3 ·
No drag strips, huh? Drag strip finder showed 3 of em but don't on what island on though? It will be summer or fall of 2013 though, so you'd be gone by then. Is thee only 2 of you guys there? Lol. How long did it take for your cars to get in shipping?

#4 ·
about those drag race tracks they're on the neighbor islands, the only type of drag we have on Oahu is sand drags.

Imports are the common here, if you're out late on a Friday or Saturday you might see them cruzing on the highways doing some ghetto drags ( yes they'll bring the highway to a stop) and a lot of farting if you know what i mean.

#5 ·
I think they use the street by our apartment as a drag strip every night. It sounds like someone had one too many burritos between the hours of 6 PM-11 PM 7 days a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.