Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tsb 11-10-1 intermittent remote keyless entry (rke) operation - key fob - built on or before 8/3/2011

19K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Cubedtothex 
#1 ·
TSB-11-10-1 for intermittent RKE operation

TSB
11-10-1 INTERMITTENT REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) OPERATION - KEY FOB - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/3/2011

Publication Date: October 3, 2011

FORD: 2012 Focus

The article supersedes TSB 11-8-16 to add a production fix date.

ISSUE:
Some 2012 Focus vehicles built on or before 8/3/2011 may exhibit a condition where the key fob buttons do not unlock the doors.

ACTION:
Reprogram the body control module to the latest software calibration level using the IDS release 74.03 or higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.7 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
111001A 2012 Focus: Reprogram The Body Control Module (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.3 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
14A068 04

#2 ·
Got this one done yesterday finally. So far so good. For anybody else who gets this done, it will reset the system so you have to hit the unlock button twice to open all doors, so if you like (like myself) being able to unlock all doors with one button press, you'll have to redo the simple step of holding both lock and unlock buttons simultaneously.

#3 ·
Did you have to raise hell? Or did you just request the TSB? Or did you tell them about the issue and they looked it up and fixed it for you? Last time I brought it in for this they said "Couldn't replicate." ergo, they didn't update the BCM.

But I should ask - is this only for the non-IA key fobs? Or all key fobs?

#4 ·
I requested and when I checked in the guy asked if it was doing it. I told him no and that it's intermittent so they probably won't get it to do it, but it's done it since brand new. I also reminded them of my previous appointment that they weren't able to replicate the problems, but took care of the TSBs for me. When they gave me my key back the guy told me they couldn't get it to do it, but the did they update anyway. I have the paperwork noting the TSB was performed. I don't know why they should have a problem with doing this one. It shouldn't be any sweat to perform while the oil is being changed and the tires rotated.

#6 ·
For something like this though, how much is it really costing the dealership to run an BCM update while other services are being performed on the vehicle.

#8 ·
Does anyone that has gotten this done know if it includes/excludes IA?

#13 ·
Having similar issues on a 2003?

I am having similar issues on my 2003 Focus ZTW. This bulletin was specifically for 2012 models, but man, the symptoms are the exact same. Anyone else having this with older model years? Wondering if I can have the same procedure performed anyway. Worst case is I have to re-program the remotes. Already did that a few times, thinking he problem was with my remotes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.