Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Help with removing things

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  avdwerf 
#1 ·
Hello,
Sorry for my bad english, i'm from holland, but at the holland and belgium focus club they couldn't help me... I want to remove two things in my focus to paint them. Don't know the exact english names, but here are pictures... I wan't to remove the things with the red line around it...

Thnx for replies!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to FocusFanatics.com!! [thumb]

Send a PM message to............

W~Phoenix~{RC}

His name is Brad, he's another moderator on this site and knows alot about doing the little things like this, especially in the interior.

#5 ·
The handle on the globe box should not be hard at all to take off. Just open it and take a look... as for the door handle, you'll more then likely have to take the door panel off to gain access behind the handle. Again, it should not be too hard, but I don't know. Just trying to point you in the right direction. Good luck.

#10 ·
Sorry about the late response. I'm glad that you got the glove box handle off alright. The first time I tried to remove it, I broke the pieces that kept it 'clamped' to the turning mechanism. Anyways, I did take a look at how to remove the door handles and I didn't really see any apparent method of doing so. I looked for an 'easy-access' screw/tab/nut/clip around the door handle, but I didn't find anything useful. You might have to take apart the locking mechanism and see if something is behind it that enables you to remove the door handle.

I did notice a small 'screw opening' on the underside of the door handle, but I didn't have sufficient lighting to see if there was something there that could be undone to aid with the removal of the door handle. Good luck with your search though and don't force it [thumb]

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.