Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Duratec Turbo kits

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Thats just it

There are lots of people say "No Don't do it, they are crap" but no info at all on anyone that has actually bought one.

I figure by now someone must have, and you could buy almost 3 of these for the price of an FSWERKS kit so obviously there must be some huge differences.

I'm not opposed to spendnding money if I have to, and I don't mind doing a little work to save some either, If I bought this kit and the Turbo blew up 3 weeks after i installed it so i had to go and buy a different one I would still be ahead, what else in the kit is not up to par, and where could I get it tuned?

#13 ·
There are lots of people say "No Don't do it, they are crap" but no info at all on anyone that has actually bought one.

I figure by now someone must have, and you could buy almost 3 of these for the price of an FSWERKS kit so obviously there must be some huge differences.

I'm not opposed to spendnding money if I have to, and I don't mind doing a little work to save some either, If I bought this kit and the Turbo blew up 3 weeks after i installed it so i had to go and buy a different one I would still be ahead, what else in the kit is not up to par, and where could I get it tuned?
You could buy 100 of those kits and still never have the quality, tuning knowledge and customer service that you get from FSwerks.

I am not saying you couldn't "make" it work but having to constantly fix and tweak the kit will get old real fast, especially if its on your daily driver.

I ran my own custom setup for over 30k miles but there were parts (manifold, turbo, downpipe, etc) that I did not take a cheaper route on.

#6 ·
I can do your tuning by remote and have done A LOT of them by remote tuning and it works very well and you get free tune updates as you add more mods

The piping and intercooler looks good , the manifold looks good ,down pipe looks good I would make it a blowthrough which now days ALL turbo kits should be , I would get a parts list of what comes in the kit

The turbo use to be a OEM Garrett type turbo , internal waste gate , may want to change the BOV

But agree I have seen a lot about this kit and think its worth giving a try and I dont say that much if ever about ebay turbo kits

Tom

#17 ·
I believe its $550 plus paypal fee. BUT its not 1 tune. You will spend weeks with him getting new tunes to make the car PERFECT. They are e mailed to you. Upload them to th xcal 3 run a datalog and e mail it back to him. Its real simple. You'll need to select a few things on the log list. Like fuel source stft1 maf counts fuel pressure wideband channel. And a couple more I am forgetting

#14 ·
I got a really good deal on a used fsw turbo kit. It was the best thing I have ever done to my car! Your gonna get a lot of opinions on here, its up to you on what route you like. I have done business with Tom and FSW and I have been satisfied with both.
If you want my 2cents buy a used kit off the forum before buying ebay stuff..

#16 ·
If ur going to go cheap then do it but have a back up plan like say the turbo for one.....that's really the only thing I see going bad. It'd be good to have cpl cars for testers that way we can get like a sticky later maybe of real potential kit suppliers that require no modifications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.