Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Back to Business

5K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  bespurcell 
#1 ·
Hey guys I had being out of the boards for a while due a lot of work as I move back to Puerto Rico and open my own business selling performance parts and tuning.

Finally I change my engine as my oil pump fail a few months ago. I decide to finally build my spare engine with my own specs [hihi]. I already went to the dyno here at PR and made 454FWHP on pump gas 19psi hopefully I can make some time before the end on this month and early next month to add some boost/race gas and put this engine on the 600FWHP as the other one did.

Now I got all the safety I need to drive/race this thing around, still DD the car and feels better than ever. Hopefully I will go to the track next month but unfortunatly is going to be on DR.

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, this engine seems happy and made basically the same power on pump gas as the old one, so am very positive that when I increase the boost the 600+ on BOOST will be there.

#9 ·
He flys back when you need him, he is coming back in october

#10 ·
You know what I noticed? All the Zetecs are making all the big power. SVTs are way more difficult. I seriously wouldn't mind swapping my brakes and body parts onto a ZX3 and start making power instead of dicking around with this stupid ECU, knock sensor, and VCT.

#12 ·
Seriously...not sure I've seen an SVT over 400. If I could just fix the little demons that plague my car, I'll stick with it.

#14 ·
Could have? What's the problem then? He would be the only current SVT with 400, I'm pretty sure. Right now...I would be VERY happy with 300. Enough to light up the tires a ton and embarrass/surprise lots of people.

#17 ·
Theres another svt making 450whp. but we decided to stop chris from going anyhigher because of the rubber boots in the svt manifold

#16 ·
Yeah, I'm staying with it. I was getting the SVT ready to sell...then I tried changing the heater core in my Mustang and now it won't start. Something somewhere got disconnected and I'm a little pissed off at it right now 'cause it has turned into a big heap of [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. So I'm driving around with no 2nd gear in the Focus, but the trans should be here this week (fingers super crossed).

In hindsight (which is always 20/20, I know I know, spare me, haha), I shouldn't have gotten another car and just gotten a new trans right away. I was just pissed off at the Focus for not running right and I can't for the life of me figure it out. But now I am willing to keep looking and maybe some day make some big power.

#20 ·
Thank you.

Well I want to tested as in PR we do a lot of street racing and I need that quick spooling we am running vs N/A or NOS set-up's.

Was on race gas.

#30 ·
Now am using a .63 housing and less compression ratio also the weather is hotter than last time am not going to be crazy about it now i did tune and the power band is way better than last time I will test the car at the track and then decide if i will increase boost and go for more power.

ALL BOOST for now at least lol

#31 ·
So really, even though you have lower peak power, your car would most definitely be faster on a road course and quite possibly at the drag strip? I mean, I personally would be happy with 570 [:)]. No wait...I would be happy with 300, *sigh*

#37 ·
So I put the car on a dyno contest this weekend and push 478 on PUMP GAS ;p

I won first place on a customer GT500 with 795 and third place with the Focus 478 in Turbo/NOS/Supercharger category.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.