Focus Fanatics Forum banner

anyone around memphis?

46K views 245 replies 15 participants last post by  lowflyn 
#1 ·
ive seen a couple sweet foci around memphis (red svt, silver svt, and slammed red zx3) im sure there are more but just wondering who lives in the memphis area

#135 ·
doh! that sucks. well i do hope to get in a caravan. thats one of the best parts of it. i hate that ive missed it the last 2 years when it was in arkansas. im going this year even if i dont finish painting it in time. worse case scenario ill just take the m3

#136 ·
Nice... I am praying I have my car back in a few weeks!! :D

#138 ·
Me too man.. Drove mine ONCE (cpl miles) since around Aug 2008!!! :-/

#140 ·
I was in training in Huntsville from Aug until Oct 2008 for contract work in Iraq and had a company rental.. Then from Oct 08 until May 09 I was in iraq... Came home and my car was neglected to shit by my hooker NOW ex wife.. Had car towed to NC from TN to Mike at Hillbish ford for a full out hardcore turbo build June 09 and returned to Iraq.

A few months later I canceled the turbo build (sadly) and just went with full bolt ons and some repairs and body work and paint due to losing a good $100k to the ex (she jacked the money during my time in iraq from joint account) plus expensive custody battle.

#141 ·
Anyways... I already had a borla cat back and 2.5" ORP, 42lb injectors, diablo MAFIa, steeda short throw shifter, aluminum throttlebody, FS engine bay stress bar, custom turbotom tune w/predator, steeda short ram intake, screamin demon w/live-wires, fc shorty antenna.

What Mike has done (and is doing) for me since I had it towed up to him:

Upgrades:

3" exhaust (all) and wrapped header (trubendz 304SS cat-back, 3" 304SS ORP, and 3" 304SS flex), all 3 poly motor mounts, massive comp engine bay and hatch stress bars, H&R sport cup kit, steeda 28.6mm rear sway bar, H&R 24mm front sway bar, custom tune by turbotom w/predator (updated for new additions), exhaust side cam gear, MSD coil pack and 8.5mm plug wires, centric premium rotors, hawk hp plus brake pads, russel 6pc stainless brake lines, cfm 2pc alum ud pulleys, aem cold air intake w/bypass filter, 180 degree tstat, cfm billet intake mani lever, DPIC and AF gauges in pillar pod, ford gt shift knob and stainless e-brake handle, carbon fiber fenders, carbon fiber invader hood, repaired the minor dings and dents, re-painted entire car (black), smoked side bumper lights, ford euro center grill, anthracite colored team dynamics pro race 1 light weight rims (just a hair over 17lbs each), falken tires, cfm black billet shorty antenna.

Fixes:
Replaced stock SVT front bumper (mine was damaged), replaced heater core (ex wife killed it), replaced windshield.

Left to-do:
Install the exhaust side cam gear, fine tune turbotom's tune with tom for new additions, paint.

A couple pix of the exhaust set-up (has changed a little for a cleaner look with the brackets/clamps and such, and added a moroso type resonator to tone down the sound which was WAY to loud lol) and rims are at: https://picasaweb.google.com/willgreenzilla/2003SVTFocus#

#142 ·
man sounds like your going to have one sweet ride when its all done i hope i can make it to ff so i can see this bad boy. seeing the pics makes me wish i would have went with 3" all the way instead of 2.5"

#143 ·
Thanks man!

As you can see I have a lot of stuff that I put on with turbo as my original goal (ie, the bigger injectors and 3" exhaust) lol.. But yeah, the trubendz is def a quality set up!

I'm just rdy to drive my car again! I have owned it since buying it new in 2003! :)

#144 ·
Women are terrible pets, and tend to always bite the hand. I hope you married upscale this time. Always get hooked up with one that makes more money than you do. Otherwise, you'll lose all yours.

That being said, I have to have some sort of caravan in case the wagon breaks down. My wife, my friends, my family, and her friends have seen fit to completely fill all my weekends so that I can't work on my car before FF. That means I have to make a 10 hr drive with little more than routine maintenance when I really need some serious suspension repair. It will probably make it though. I think I'm going to leave the door guards on the driver's side looking like they are falling off. Nobody will let me work on this thing unless I take days off work during the week, and I can't afford that. [dunno]

#145 ·
^ sorry to hear that. What all do you need to do to your car? I've been spending a lot of time and money lately trying to get my car all up to par for a trip to orlando. I know how you feel about not having time I'm going to try and get my idler pulley put on tomorrow. Just don't feel like having to take the motor mount off to do it but its better than paying someone else to do it.

#147 ·
I know how you feel about not having time I'm going to try and get my idler pulley put on tomorrow. Just don't feel like having to take the motor mount off to do it but its better than paying someone else to do it.
Sway bar end links, possibly control arms because that's the easiest/least downtime method of replacing ball joints. I reallllllllly need springs, but I can drive it without that, and I'm still searching for what I want. I might end up with lowering springs + a lift cup if it's possible. I like my ride height, but want more handling at the sacrifice of ride quality.

Before the trip I need to change my belt, motor mounts, maybe trans mount, side bump guards, sunroof deflector, rear trim handle, and I think that's about it. I'd like to change out all my bushings, the poly kit has been in here forever.

Maybe we should all get together some weekend and repair/clean our vehicles wherever one of us has the most shade. LOL. I have mobile shade good enough for one vehicle. I bought it at Home Depot, then found Instant Canopies with roof vents for $50 online after I paid $100 for one without a vent.

#146 ·
Yeah... No time sucks... I'm trying to fix up my other house in Munford so I can sell the damn thing, trying to pimp up my yard at my new house in Atoka, finish my grad school work, and working full time, AND hitting up the gym regularly... Seems I have no time to enjoy myself or do much to any of my cars.. Plus, it's so damn hot out, wtf :-/

#148 ·
Looks like my SVT won't be rdy in time for ff... So looks like a no go for ff for me again this year.. Ugh.

#149 ·
Yeah, I got issues too. My budget is rapidly diminishing. I'm still going though, but with clenched teeth and shaky hands because I don't know what's going to break on the way- if anything. I'm really worried about the rear wheel bearings, but don't know if I can order those right this minute anyway since I have SVT brakes and rear hubs are $120 ea.

Can I borrow your hubs [:D]

#150 ·
Sucks :-/

On a side note... Saw a 2004 sonic blue SVT being towed, poorly, with back passenger side damage and front end damage that looks to be caused from the tow truck.. This anyone's car??

#155 ·
I'd be down for a meet possibly next month... Got a ton of shit going on this month but maybe got some time in a few weeks or so on a weekend day :-D

On a side note.. Just got in my SEXY new Torque Monster Headers for my 5.0L Xploder!

#158 ·
Thanks man! They took a few months to acquire but, are regarded as, by far, the BEST headers for the 5.0L Xploders :D

And yes, a drop on the focus is a HUGE difference for appearance... 100x better looking imo (as long as it's not so low its dragging itself around lol).

#163 ·
That looks really nice. I've waffled and waffled on doing something with the wagon. I hate for it to lose any height really because I drive it off road sometimes. With 130k, the time for something to do with springs is coming.

#165 ·
Wagon rear suspension is different. It uses a standard dual eyelet shock instead of a tower shock, the springs are shorter, and don't take up space in the cargo area. My control blade isn't the same either, it's completely straight instead of hooked.

I've been trying to find someone who'd simply make me a custom coil spring- which isn't all that expensive, that isn't a variable rate spring.

#166 ·
That's crazy there is that much difference in a hatch and a wagon but no difference in a sedan and a hatch. Go ford for being complicated.

#167 ·
The differences have to do with having a larger cargo area. What's really funny is that the uncommon rear suspension, the wagon, is what's depicted in the drawings from my Helms manual for all Foci. That really made no sense to me at all. All is not lost though. Bilstein offers a coilover kit for the wagon, Eibach offers several spring selections. The least amount of drop available is 1.5" F and 2" R IIRC. When I finally have the money set aside for it, then I'll start looking. Unfortunately, it seems like the car is going to be put off and put off for more important plans like my daughter's school since our friendly good ole po-boy governor has decided to cut 230M from Special Needs head start programs and school.

#168 ·
Do I just kill these conversations or what?

So are any of you locals going to bring a Focus that doesn't look like it's 2 days away from the scrapyard to the Fun Ford Weekend and hang out? It would be really nice if someone had a 2012, but I don't think there are any 2012 owners in Memphis on the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.