Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FSWerks Header? Buy it??

19K views 117 replies 23 participants last post by  SlickWilly 
#1 ·
A lot of yall know me I come on and off the forums, but you pretty much know what's been modded to my focus. If you don't then click on my profile and look real quick so you can answer my follow up question.

I've had the Race Header from Fswerks on my wish list for a long time the thing that kinda, side tracked me was that I needed a tune for it. However, is the tune necessary to get it at the same time? Or even soon? The only problem I hear it causes is the o2 sensor light go off on the dashboard.. I can deal with that for a couple of months.

Anyways FSWERKS is giving a 20% off sale which is nearly -$100 off so instead of paying $410 w s/h + taxes I'd be paying $340 including everything. The normal price for the 4-1 race header is $379.99 so i'm getting a great deal.

http://www.focussport.com/headers.htm

Bad news is the deal ends tomorrow so I need to make a decision quick and is to why I'm asking yalls opinion, is header safe to be put in my car? Thats why I need you to look into my profile and see if it will interfere or cause problems with any of my current mods. P.S. Do I need to also get that "2.5 Flex joint & extension" they sell for an additional $89?

Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT i added a pic to this post of my profile so yall dont have to go into my profile instead...

See less See more
#46 ·
lol flex he has no clue just how loud he is getting into does he? haha I have the 5" round magnaflow, then the magnaflow resonator, then the vibrant ultra quiet resonator, then the vibrant bottle style resonator with my fswerks race header and flex.

I reread the thread

#53 ·
UPDATE

My parts just came in today, took them out the box to look at them and I put them right back. I will be installing them with a friend I met through these forums in a couple of weeks. Ill keep yall updated!

#54 ·
Looks great.

Hey thats what I have too. You will find you might have to oblong the 2 bolt holes on the bracket that bolt to the block.The bracket that holds the manifold to the head . & I used oem manifold gasket. It was a lot better than a aftermarket gasket that I got & took back.

#59 ·
I have frpp's Borla kit that I bought in '06. I added a fwerk's header & stealth & moved the Borla muffler back behind the stealth. It all fits believe it or not. The borla resonator is next to the tank after the bend. Pic's are in my profile albums.

#60 ·
I have the OBX header on my car, I had it a year on the car then when I removed it to replace motor I wrapped it in fiberglass, it was a smart move, it helped with under hood heat.. I noticed it... Hot boxed just a little less...

If you wrap it which I endorse I strongly suggest being careful, that stuff was a pain to remove from hands and clothing, I tossed out the clothing I wore that day , I did wet it down well when I did it, I suggest rubbing lotion on your hands before you start.. I went with White, but I suggest black since I have had these in 3 months they are changing color to blackish anyway, so... you get the idea..

#61 ·
If you wrap it which I endorse I strongly suggest being careful, that stuff was a pain to remove from hands and clothing, I tossed out the clothing I wore that day , I did wet it down well when I did it, I suggest rubbing lotion on your hands before you start.
Funny, I never did have a problem with fiberglass. In high school I used to work weekends and summers roofing and I can remember working around plenty of blown-in (read: loose, not batted) fiberglass in people's attics and I'd be wearing shorts and short sleeve t-shirts. Then again later when laying fiberglass when working on boats, never an issue. It all depends on your tolerance for the stuff. Me? Meh..... I could pretty much wipe my ass with the stuff then go about my business.

#82 ·
yes but while there may be room for improvement it would be such a subtle difference that its irrelevant unless trying to make your track time better by a tiny bit. For a Daily Driver that only sees the street the Settings they have the tunes at is very good

#86 ·
FINALLY the WAIT is over.

Special thanks to WRC_FAN for helping out during the install !!!!!!

Race Exhaust and Race Header sound good. Don't really think I need a stealth resonator any time soon.

#87 ·
FINALLY the WAIT is over.

Race Exhaust and Race Header sound good. Don't really think I need a stealth resonator any time soon.
Sounds great for a little bit, a weekend or so. Great your header is installed.
You will later, try taking a 100+ mile trip w/ just the race exhaust. Trust me you'll be ordering at least a stealth muffler, later.

#93 ·
It dose sound good but yet i understand everyone saying haveing the resonator will help for long drives.
Posted via FF Mobile

#97 ·
Well someone are shall I say, someones car has to break it in. Thats awesome that you helped out. I helped BertST put a motor in his car.

#102 ·
RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

lets use our terms correctly here.

sounds good Diego

#104 ·
Definition of cosmetic, affecting only the appearance of something rather than its substance.

I think it sounds decent, albeit loud. Sounds like "rice" is completely subjective, and your posts in this thread are not of much use to anyone.

#105 ·
Definition of rice - A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

#106 ·
the exhaust isn't big though? and it doesn't look obnoxious. so how is that cosmetic? it's just loud and it has a purpose...

#107 ·
I 2nd that. ^^^^^^^ Hopefuly were back on track. The OP installed a Fwerk's header[wrenchin] w/ the race exhaust system. It really sounds awesome. Just a few of us including me, are saying he'll be needing a stealth muffler or a muffler installed in line of what he has now, to quiet it down some. Thats the best ceramic coated header for the 20 & 23. It probably fit in the Mazda 3's too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.