Focus Fanatics Forum banner

WRC: Cyprus Rally *spoilers*

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  MightyMouse 
#1 ·
Seb Loeb has won his third WRC Championship

this could not piss me off more, it seems theres no stopping him, he's shattering records left and right. Gronholm is the only driver thats even close in competitiveness, and Subaru's problematic season has more than put Solberg miles behind the two. I fear that Citroen and Loeb will dominate for years to come. As the seasons go on the CHampionship gets less and less competetive, and more predicatable and boring. I can only hope that the citroen C4 isn't as fast as the Focus WRC and Impreza Wrc next season. I wanna see a fight dammit! Come on Gronholm! i know you can take Loeb!

#4 ·
Yeah, it's hard to find the races, and I have hardly had any time to watch racing at all this year. I haven't even had a chance to watch a full F1 race yet this year, and I only missed 1 in the last 2 years...

I love WRC though, and I think a trip down to the Mexico even t some year would be a blast.

#5 ·
^ i'm planning on goig next year, but you can at least stay updated on WRC.com, no video coverage (unless you pay) but they've got some dece stories and that like. I'm part of a really cool bit torrent network that users from europe upload footage on to, but thats still a hassle

#6 ·
i'm going to try to make it to the mexico race too. i'm a huge fan of wrc and it really makes me mad that it isn't big in the U.S. the only way i see any of it is videos people have put together on youtube, or playing colin mcrae rally on xbox. love that game, so realistic.

#8 ·
^ believe me, i know all too well, rally is the motorsport that first got me interested in racing

#9 ·
So Sebastian dominated again. I figured he would after the start of this season, but I haven't kept up with it. It's hard to read about it when all you want to do is just watch it in action. Man, I miss that more than anything else on TV. This has just been a crappy year for TV - we lost WRC, Top Gear... er, is that all? Who cares, that's more than enough. I've started watching MotoGP to fill the gap, but it's only partially working. Talk about some good racing there, though.

Someone will eventually take down Loeb, but it just may be a while. I'm sure everyone thought the same thing about Michael Schumacher.

#10 ·
^^Who needs good content when the masses are so entertained by Reality TV? I know that I would much rather see some guys in a shop building a sound system for yet another H2 than see actual racing coverage... [rolleyes]

#11 ·
I want top gear back! I want WRC back, i'm surprised they haven't cancelled moto gp covereage, but i bet you thats next

They need to get their heads out of their asses over there at speed, their losing viewers like mad. I used to watch the channel for at least an hour a day, but theres NOTHING worth watching except for the moto gp and F1, i miss when we had F1 decade and we got to see all those old races, damn i miss SpeedVision

back to loeb, i think if gornholm had'nt crashed out in those two rallies they'd still be neck and neck. As for the cars, i know that the Focus is the only car that can compete with the Xsara, and suposedly the C4 is faster on tarmac. This does not bode well for gronholm, luckily most of the events are still dirt, that gives gronholm and the RS a good chance next season, he just can't f' up at all. Hopefully Subaru will get their shit together, because despite technical issues, they have two of the best drivers in the WRC today, Atkinson will be a star if he stops wrecking, and solberg coud return to a former glory if A) subaru gets their shit figured out and B) he stops slamming his poor imprezza into obstacles or off course

#13 ·
^that too

but this just in:

LOEB BROKE HIS [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]G ARM!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

i know that was really mean, and that its sad that that's what its gonna take to stop him from winning, but i don't care,it'll make the end of the season a damn soap opera!

#15 ·
^seriously doubt it,

they turn their wheels WAY more in a rally than they ever would in a moto GP race, plus his arm is fractured in four places

#16 ·
What was he doing to fracture his arm? It's not just turning, but I agree that would be difficult. As a MotoGP rider, your weight on your hand through the wrist and you're constantly moving around on the bike. However, that injury sounds much more serious than what Rossi had. Apples and oranges I suppose, but I've seen a lot of people step up to the challenge despite adversity. I think Loeb could be a man to do it, but we'll see.

#18 ·
This just in:

Colin Mcrae will be driving for kronos citroen in turkey!!!

i'm torn between my team and my favorite driver!

but if you saw what he did in that wretched skoda last year, you know he'll be all business in that citroen, McRae was destroying transmissions last season, and in a car that is more than capable, he's almost sure for a podium. This is gonna be such an awesome event!

#19 ·
zal said:
I want top gear back! I want WRC back, i'm surprised they haven't cancelled moto gp covereage, but i bet you thats next

They need to get their heads out of their asses over there at speed, their losing viewers like mad. I used to watch the channel for at least an hour a day, but theres NOTHING worth watching except for the moto gp and F1, i miss when we had F1 decade and we got to see all those old races, damn i miss SpeedVision
Agreed all they show now is freakin nascar shit. Oh and don't forget about pinks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.