Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#21,164 ·
It's the OEM parts that have cause more bent valves and timing belt failures than any other brand. There have been countless threads where SVT owners have had a timing belt failure and a lot of times it was before the recommended change interval. In fact I remember seeing one recently. Don't let one or even two instances make the decision for you. I'm getting tired of seeing this. One guy post and all of sudden gates is bad brand or a failure prone part? I don't think so.

#21,168 ·
Don't forget Paul when we did my zetec timing belt the brand new oem tensioner failed. We had to put the original(still oem) tensioner back on. Had no problems with tensioner after that other than a little belt walk. Believe that could've been taken care of if it was messed with a little more but we had no time that evening to do that.

#21,169 ·
I remember. I just hate seeing how one or two failures all of a sudden make a brand a bad brand is all when we've had so many successes with it. Of course then again there are some with the OEM parts on that went way over the recommended change interval and nothing happened to them.

#21,171 ·
I haz no tint - I roll fishbowl. I have never been stopped by police. Coincidence. :p

anyways - GUYS! I need recommendation of some good exhaust shop in Houston, I need a new CAT welded on midpipe in place of old CAT for my RX.

#21,172 ·
Sup guys! Anyone here with 20% tint on their focus? If so, do cops give u a hard time? Ever? Ived had highway patrol car running behind me and my exhaust is annoyingly loud, no problems... But im worried about tints, im getting 20% pre cuts soon
I've seen cops ticket people and make them tear it off but only rarely. Not to mention they will fail you on inspection.

#21,174 ·
Yep depends on the shop. But they gotta be careful cuz some cops will look up what shop did the inspection and the tech will lose their job and get fined and the shop will get fined and possibly lose their certification to do emissions testing. Happened to 2 places here in Baytown this year already :(

#21,176 ·
Its all their computer crap. They're jacked into everything. They cruise the parking lots at kemah checking plates for people who don't have insurance, current inspection tag or registration all without leaving their car. On the inspection sticker all they have to do is scan the barcode and it tells them where your car was inspected and by what technician. Thats where the sticky part comes in. If you say they passed you then they can follow up and determine wether the tech falsified data or you lied. Depending on what they decide one of you could be in trouble. Like I said it happened to 2 places here in Baytown. The state has also been doing some stings in the Houston area posing as customers who try to pay a little extra to get their cars to pass. If the tech goes for it then bam!

#21,177 ·
All You Gotta Do Is Tell Them You Got The Tint After The Inspection.
Keep The Shop Happy And You Can Come Back.

#21,178 ·
I Know Travis Has Way Darker Than 20%
If You Get Pulled Over, Just Have Your Windows Rolled Down.

Hell, Tinted Tails Are Illegal, But People Rarely Get Pulled Over For That, Unless They Are Super Blacked Out.

#21,179 ·
I have %35 on my front sides, %20 on my rear sides, and limo %5 on the back window. All legal in the state of Texas, but that is the MAX tint allowed here and if you have a "natural" tint on the windows then the car will fail inspection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.