Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Odd problem

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  alogical 
#1 ·
I bought the Massive Omni kit for my 09. Installed it with Racelands, following the directions to the T. Last night coming home she starts pulling to the right hard. I realize I have a flat and make it home without damage. After taking the wheel off, I see the omni kit bushing has been pushed through the knuckle. I have since readjusted it and retightened everything. We torqued the holy behind the knuckle to 80 Ft-lbs as the directions said but somehow the bushing came loose. Cause the tire to rub and wore down the inside wall to the point of making a huge rut and thus a hole. Gonna put on the donut for today to get to Town Fair Tire and get the new one, but I'm pissed and more so puzzled as to how that happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Oh yeah they helped. Called and told I'd be called back in 20 mins. 5 hours later and nothing. Emailed and nothing.

#5 ·
No it fits nice and they're holding up well. Again, I know they're cheap and whatever but this car is high mileage and I won't have it for longer than 2 more years. I'm just pissed I did everything they said and I had to spend $135 on a new tire.

#6 ·
Should I call Massive again today? Still haven't gotten a response other than the lady on the phone who said I'd get a call back but never did. It's kind of a serious issue, right?

#7 ·
Should I call Massive again today? Still haven't gotten a response other than the lady on the phone who said I'd get a call back but never did. It's kind of a serious issue, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using FF Mobile
Have you pm'ed him? I've heard of racelands having strut diameter issues before, but that was a few yrs ago.

#9 ·
Talked to Karl, he's gonna send me new bushings and bolts. Says he never heard of it happening before, as many of you haven't either. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g sucks it costs me a tire but hopefully this works out. Otherwise I'm screwed cause I'll have to put the stock suspension back in using a hand jack by myself hahaha

#10 ·
Also, right front strut seems to be really close to the tire almost rubbing whereas the left has a bit more room. Got it aligned and everything but still the issue remains. Any suggestions?

#11 ·
Also, right front strut seems to be really close to the tire almost rubbing whereas the left has a bit more room. Got it aligned and everything but still the issue remains. Any suggestions?

Could be that the strut is bent at where it goes in right at the spindle/omni sleeve.

#15 ·
Are there any cheap spacers I can pick up in-store somewhere for now? Just so I don't have to worry too much until I can get better ones. Really don't want to go through another tire hahah

#16 ·
Are there any cheap spacers I can pick up in-store somewhere for now? Just so I don't have to worry too much until I can get better ones. Really don't want to go through another tire hahah

So whats the story here? Is the Tire real close to your strut?= almost touching it? What wheels are you running, offset?

#18 ·
Stock 195 60R15. It is almost touching the strut

By almost, meaning a .250'' or so? H&R, Eibach, etc has spacers & I'd get longer studs too. You could get away w/ 5mm, maybe 10mm thou.

#19 ·
Like I can't fit my finger in there and I have medium sized hands for a guy. Could you link me to some? would I have to do the back as well?

#20 ·
Like I can't fit my finger in there and I have medium sized hands for a guy. Could you link me to some? would I have to do the back as well?

You could to the front only, if you want to. I wouldn't worry about it. Seems like you have some clearence. The spacers aren't going to help you if you have the same issue again. >>>Its the same on both sides, clearence wise?

#21 ·
Yeah it seems it be the same on either side of the front. Obviously the back I have no issues with.
Grabbed some cheapos from Auto Zone for now, just so I don't burn through another tire if anything should happen. After Christmas I'll invest in a good pair so I'll be set.

#22 ·
Yeah it seems it be the same on either side of the front. Obviously the back I have no issues with.
Grabbed some cheapos from Auto Zone for now, just so I don't burn through another tire if anything should happen. After Christmas I'll invest in a good pair so I'll be set.

The spacers aren't going to help, if you have another issue, like you had before.

#23 ·
Right I understand that but I think this is really what happened: I had no idea just how close the tire was to the strut tower. I parked in the street at my girlfriend's house and obviously with a manual, turned my wheels all the way to the curb. Must've put pressure on the strut and pushed the omni sleeve down. I didn't drive it till later that night when I went home. After so many miles/bumps, the tire sidewall just wore down and went completely flat.
If this is possible, let me know.
If not, I did retorque everything and have been checking the sleeve's position after every trip I take, no matter how small. I've also been watching the tire/tower and no rubbing. I haven't turned the wheel fully to the right or left since this happened either, cause I have no reason to.
Not sure if you understood that, I'm in bed on my phone hahah

#24 ·
You really shouldn't have to do all that, if the sleeve & the strut are tight into the spindle. Just for the heck of it, Have you mearsured the diameter of the oem strut & your coilover, where it'd go into the spindle & then the sleeve? And then your coilovers to another manufactor's coilover?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.