Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2010 Autocross vid Thread

18K views 121 replies 23 participants last post by  ZenRanger94 
#1 ·
Starting fresh from the 2009 thread. Post up what ya got!

This was my best run, the most frustrating part, it was only my second of the day. It was a pretty aggravating day to begin with, lots of wind and it rained on and off all day. Speaking of which, if your club decides to race in the rain, call a stop to anybody who has slicks. we had a fully race prepped 80's camaro with too much hp and not enough grip in the wet (race slicks). he slid right into the building on the right in the second straightaway you see in the vid, you can probably see the hole in the siding he left, next to the white door. Luckily he didn't hit all that fast, and was okay. his car, and the siding on the building, not so much. So be careful out there, and if you see something that looks dumb, different, or dangerous, say something and get it fixed.

#90 · (Edited)
Here's my best from day two of our Top Gun event. Doug handed my ass to me on a silver hub cap. In fact, our entire region got put in our places after competing against these other guys. Lots of divisional and national competitors, they we're pretty impressive to watch.

btw, got a new camera mount and trying to figure the best positioning still. my day 1 stuff looked like crap so I won't bother putting it up.

#94 ·
Doug handed my ass to me on a silver hub cap.
Thanks for the compliment! LOL!

One of these times, we gotta get separated far enough on the grid so we can each ride shotgun a couple times and compare notes.
I just parked next to you both days so we had some fOCUS rep on the grid for a change. [;)]

Won't have my vids up for a bit.
I'm way to friggin busy right now. [:(!]

#91 ·
man, i wish i could have made it :(
that course looks like so much fun!!
what were the top times for the day?

i got my fix up in pocatello id, for summerfast. UT ended up winning and brought back the trophy!! awesome drivers, i learned so much! final was Utah-17 Eastern Idaho-16 Snake River-11.

#95 ·
My most recent outing. This time with a new camera! Headed out to Gary, IN to beat up on some Hoosiers (the people, not the tires).

I don't know all the details of the event because they haven't been posted. I'll fill them in when they become available.

#97 ·
Finally, something for you folks.
Here's a vid from the same event (Top Gun / MT Challenge 3) that ZenRanger94 was at. [thumb]
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3384460&postcount=90

1st run on the 1st day.
Cold driver.
Cold tires.
Cold track.
Cranked up rear shocks.
WOOOOOOO!!!!! at 0:52 into the vid.

By far my worst run of the weekend, but amazingly enough it wasn't that bad of a time compared to my best for the day.
This run was a 1:41 and change, and my best for day 1 was a 1:37.878.

In retrospect, I did what I always do.
That is, I tell myself I'm going to take it easy on the 1st run and get a "feel" for the course.
Yeah, right....as soon as I leave the line that thought is long gone every time!! [eek]

I'll have some more vids (with less sliding) to post when I get some time.
Enjoy this one for now.

And, GLU...check out the shuffle technique (hands) in some of the tighter sections.
We can talk about it till we're blue in the face, but a pic (or video in this case) is worth a thousand words. [;)]

-------------------------

Oh...video comment...
WTF on the quality?
Is it PhotoBucket (compressing the video) or something else?
The vid looks WAY better on my computer. [dunno]
Is YouTube better quality, or do I just need to upload a larger file?
(The video I uploaded is 5mb)

#100 ·
nice vid doug, your oops is the same place I went offroading with my 6 year old street tires
That was pretty slick right there wasn't it?
Plus, the little bump in the track (mid-turn) that unloads the suspension doesn't help at all. [:(]

#106 ·
looked like tons of fun!! You're getting too quick I am going to have to flatten some tires lol. Wish we could have been there but steve just wasnt feeling good[vommit][vommit][vommit]

#108 ·
Here are the latest and greatest

First is from a trip to Columbus, OH. I had to run SM because they didnt have SMF for some reason. So that just made winning the class that much sweeter.

Second is a clip of me driving a friends 2010 JCW Mini. Man that thing is a blast. Too bad the OE runflats are junk.

Lastly, the most recent Chicago Region SCCA event. It was a fun course, I just couldn't put it together.

#110 ·
Thanks GLU, it is good fun. The challenge of now having to shift to third makes autox a whole new animal.

#113 ·
...what kind of cars do you compete against in your region? (sm)
Chicago Region SM class has a turbo 240sx (2 driver car), a late 90s M3, a 400+ whp Sti and every now and again a late 90s turbo Neon. All very good drivers, with the M3 being the dominant driver/car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.