Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Project Goldilox (07 SE Progress Thread)

29K views 248 replies 54 participants last post by  GreySkorpion 
#1 ·
Well I won't be attending FR or FF, and the largest show I will be going to is IR here in Houston, so I figured I would construct this thread. For warning, my car is fairly dirty and the engine bay WILL be cleaned soon, just sayin!

I got her in early 2010 after my Escape died a tragic, slow, agonizing death. Some time over that summer, I installed a K&N intake and JBL sub/amp. Don't have any images of those at first install, so they start around October.

October 2010, when I joined FF.com

Few weeks later, wheels and tires were aquired! 17" black KMCs wrapped in Yokohama 215/45s, and one Kumho (hey they were already on, so why not)

Got my tint in January-ish

Then I got myself some low! With the help of Adam (AKA zinger)

Then she got her nametag! Customer black and gold euro plate to go with the overall black and gold theme of the car :)

Then late February, taken in the same place as my first picture!

And here is a little bit of engine bay progress. In chronological order.

And today, one of the final pieces before Import Reactor later this month, my team sticker! :)

And that's that for the time being. I have more stickers in the works for added horsepower of course. Hope you guys like it!

See less See more
#92 ·
just scrolled through whole thread. wow did it change a few times lol but all in all nice work. also the plaque is a great show idea.

#95 ·
Seeing it every day, I have to change it up to keep myself interested. And the show plaque is really easy to make and an invaluable investment if you are building a show car.
hahaha nice. I have just had my one set...(besides stock) thats alot of moolah. No matter what they look sexi on your car. My cousin has the stock version of your car btw. Maybe thats part of the reason why I love it so much. lol
I've never bought a set of NEW wheels. All of mine have been used, and I have learned the down sides of that. Time for a sweet timeline!

15" Stockers (Sold them for $300)
17" Hotwheels (Bought for $200, spent another $200 repairing, eventually sold for $500 + wheels)
16" Stockers (Part of trade, sold for $200)
17" Kyowas (Bought for $350, traded them later for my Pioneer head unit)
17" Cobras (Bought for $200, sold for $280, trololololol)
16" Fittipaldis (Bought for $200, spent $300 refinishing and painting)

And here I am today.

#96 ·
Wow thats interesting! You did pretty well then. Reminds me of buying my kona rack for 200, and selling it for 300. tehe. Yea my EAPs were new off ebay, they arent the standard EAPs either. Ford racing wanted like 400 a piece for them. I got them for 450 shipped to my door off ebay. lol If I still have the car in a few years I want to slam it and get some 16s and roll the fenders and all that. If I have the money. haha

#97 ·
The good thing about our cars is that they are not so expensive to slam. You can get a set of coilovers for less than a grand. And if you have a friend with a fender roller, you're all set for that. No need to do any crazy fender work until you get to crazy wheels like Adam (zinger) with the 10" wide wheels.

#101 ·
Thanks man! For a little while after I first installed them, the lo beams wouldn't come on and I thought the sent me the wrong one. Turns out the fuse was just blown. Popped a new one in and they work perfectly. Definitely glad I have 6000k instead of 8.

#102 ·
Yea im glad I got 6ks in my Machs, there blue enough. Love the car, and the trunk carpet. I need to do something with my carpet, spilt oil all over the damn thing bringing back used oil to Autozone.. even wrapped them in bags and oil got everywhere.. after hours of degreasing and purple power/simple green, oils still there :(. Did you cut the fabric and just lay it on top? Or did you glue it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

#112 ·
Yes sir, DWS. Kinda wish he hadn't moved to Dallas or I could have gotten it same day.

Also, as my 2,000th post, I will show you guys another test-fit. Since I don't have much experience with upholstery, It doesn't look super awesome, but I am going to keep at it until it looks good.

#116 ·
Haha yeah. I was at the show browsing the venders and saw it. Said to myself "What the hell am I waiting for?!" and bought it right there.
nice wheel! and i actually just got the same DDM hids in my fogs last week. did you splice the wires or plug in the connectors?
Plugged it straight up.

#117 ·
My Gawd. I loveeee that fur stuff. I was thinking about doing my hatch in shag carpet. lol But thats definetly unique. It can double as a pillow probably...look ssoft. lol

#118 ·
It is really soft. I went and got some samples of some other fabrics today. I like the shag but it is a bit difficult to work with and feels like it would wear fast if I kept it on that lid. I picked up some really interesting stuff and will post pictures of which one as soon as I am not so lazy.

#121 ·
Holy balls. Funk-e fresh. hahah Where would you put all of that at? That would be sick if the seats were made out of that. Love how its similiar to the color of the car as well.

#122 ·
Not sure what extent it will all go to. Eventually I would like to have it down the middle of the seats where that current pattern is. But that is a way more complicated project than my novice ass is ready to take on.

#123 ·
hahaha yea thats true. a local around here (miragesmack) redid his whole interior in leather and whatnot. he dyed alot of the plastics as well....it looks soooooo good. he has a sedan as well. You can probly pm him if ya need help. But yea he drove around without an interior for a long time. haha

#126 ·
i like! i wish i could have a white steering wheel.. but then again in my hands it would be white for about a day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.