Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus "More Door" - Cleaned in Progress...

26K views 112 replies 50 participants last post by  MisterJohnson 
#1 ·
Hey folks. As you can see, I'm new to the site and from Wales, UK. I've done a fair bit to my car. Its a 1.6 Zetec Focus, 2001 model. I'll post up a brief history of mods to where it sits currently, so sit back and enjoy [woot]

Middle and mods....

(custom Magic Tree ftw!)

Then....

And dropped on lowering springs....

And how it is now....

Show plate

Black and orange gel overlays front, back and steering wheel

Aaaaaaand finally :D

And my trick indicator mod :p
Off:

On:

And the most recent mods:

More audio FTW!

Framework..

Fleece/resin..

(Can you tell what it is yet??)
Trimmed..

Fitted..

Close fit

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5OSbTB1JiU

Went round to a mates a few weeks back to go to the driving range and he started moaning about the wheels looking a state (to be fair, they were battered) so he managed to convince me (really didn't take too much effort) to get them ghetto refurbed. Soooo here's the results of our (well, mainly his) hard work

Prepping:

No pics of it sprayed gloss black but...here comes the Marmite bit

And finally...

As you can see we also thought the caliper was pretty bland so we also painted that with a black splat

Centre caps are also now on the car, black with orange Ford badge:

And Colour-coded :cool: All handles, side strips, boot handle, boot lock and washer jets (I've yet to see another this colour fully colour-coded)

Then...coilovers happened :D

All red rears and showplate fitted [woot]

And how it sits now with colour-coded roof box :D

Sooo sorry about all that [sleep] Anyway, show season here is nearly over and I'm really wanting a new set of wheels. So I've decided I'm going to start saving up and hit next year hard with stance and dished wheels. Drop the car a bit and dish...mmmm [hihi]

Thanks for reading, I'm open to all feedback [headbang]

Jon

See less See more
#2 ·
^^ This is HOT, that is some good looking work on those boxes.

Good looking ride, and WELCOME to the site [welcome] [loveff]

#11 ·
Very nice, looks ace.

I still think it is funny how we want the UKDM Focus stuff and you want the USDM stuff, boggles my mind.

#15 ·
Wow, thanks everyone for all the kind words [:D] Its really appreciated

Here's a comparison shot of the bumper, original one and my smoothed one to show the difference [:D]

Going back to the car, my style is kinda US-spec and kinda Euro mixed lol. When I did the front bumper, a lot of people told me to get a US spec grill but I decided against that as well as getting later spec headlights which have built in repeaters.

At some point, I may be tempted to change the all red-rear lights for some US spec rear lights.

Now, show-season over here is pretty much over sooo I'm going to save up over the autumn/winter months to get some new rims [^]

I've done a few photoshops of what I'm after or wheels I'm loving and want to run.

Firstly, to go Euro I'm thinking some BMW 17" BBS wheels..(altho these ones are BBS RS lol)

I was also thinking maybe some Rotiforms, would be the first Ford ever to run them (well, at least in the UK)..

But to go with the US theme, I was thinking maybe some American Racing Torq's (or Image wheels looking similar)

Or (an older chop) some Corvette wheels..

A mate is also trying to tempt me to buy his MAM's MT1 wheels but unfortunately, I can't afford them but I would LOVE them on my car lol. We'll see.

As for more splats, I'm thinking I may have done enough on the outside. I also need to concentrate on the interior at some point as its all standard fabric and maybe dress up the engine a bit [woot]

I'll also be getting a bit of airbrushing done to the roof box with a custom design I've come up with, that'll be happening within the next few weeks [:D]

Thanks again folks [headbang][ffrocks]

Jon

#19 ·
wicked ride man! thats some quality work you have done there. I wish i had those fabrication skills.

The only thing i would do is to pop open those headlight housings, and do the same paint-drip scheme on the headlight bezels.

#25 ·
Wow, once again thank you soo much everyone for the kind comments. Really means a lot [cheers][loveff]

Well, this weekend hopefully I'll be trying on my friends MAM's MT1's this weekend just to see how they sit. He also has some 16" Cosworth wheels (pic below) which I'm going to try on too to see how 16's sit on the car. I'll get some pics obviously and post them up here [headbang] I'm also planning on doing a proper photoshoot of the car to show off a bit so I'll post them up too [:D]

Cosworth wheels:

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.