Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How would you rate your Ebay experiences?

• Positive! would shop there again

Votes: 306 80.1%
  • Negative! I got scammed, ripped off, or had seller probs

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Neutral. wasn't good or bad.... or i just don't care

Votes: 57 14.9%

The Official... "I bought it on Ebay thread"

47K views 253 replies 176 participants last post by  stevetimm 
#1 ·
Post your pics of parts that actually turned out work for you that you purchased on Ebay! You know.. the parts that actually gave you those hp's.. the body kits that look so nice.. exhausts that actually fit...

Include a lil pic, what you paid, details of the product, any helpful info for your focus buddies that want to buy stuff on ebay! (Names of Ebay stores that are credible would be cool too)

#28 ·
I bought a Focus Central Short Shifter for $30 on Ebay it works great I also got some small parts like center caps that my car was mising that woorked out fine as well. My OBX header is from Ebay and I love it I think Ebay is a great buying tool. If you sort through the usual junk you can find what your looking for no problem usually there is a few good items a week on currently I'm waiting for someone to sell there FC tb on ebay as my next mod.

#29 ·
I basically built my car from ebay. when i bought it had a cassette player, 14in hubcaps, no spoiler, and all the other basic crap. from ebay i have bought stock cd player $115, painted stock spoiler $100, Stock 16in rims with tires $275, two center caps for those rims $20, black SVT headlights $120, and a MAC short ram intake $65. the only problem i have ever had was when i bought some halo headlights and they sent me the wrong ones and when i shipped them back i never heard from the guy again, i filed a fraud claim and got all but like $50 back from it. ebay is great IMO.

#31 ·
The key thing I always do is ask questions if you are not sure about something like shipping charges, condition of the item, payment types accepted. Sometimes the descreption isn't clear and leaves room for ASSUMPTIONS.

It's also good to review the Seller feedback too and if they've sold the same item before and someone has left feedback, I send them an email/question through ebay and ask how they liked the item.

#32 ·
i got my HID conversion kit for 200 shipped i love them, i got my whole stereo for about half the $ and it works great!, got my sway bars, lowering springs and stb no problems.

the only time i ever got "beat" was on a rear lower tie bar that i probaly should have looked up on the internet before i bought, but it was only like 18 shipped

but i have bought many computer parts and sold stuff and never have had much go wrong i <3 e-bay

#34 ·
I have been called the "E-bay Queen" buy all of my fellow co-workers when i was in the Navy. my most recent buy, besides the shorty antenna, was this S2 spoiler, painted, for $100. I also bought my rims-$230 shipped, subs(with box)-$200 shipped, and amp-$100 shipped off e-bay. i did have one problem that was never resolved, because it was like 10$. it was a shorty antenna, I never got it, and never got any e-mails from the guy. here are some pics.

#35 ·
Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to be patient with ebay.. there are alot of "el cheapo" parts that people are peddling... I'm most concerned with the headlights i've seen on there... I really want some that won't burn up or not work right or whatever... i'm in no rush to customize my baby yet.. i'll take my time... and do it right

#36 ·
i bought my electric supercharger from ebay. i was running 10psi until i got the super chip last week. now i am running 24 psi on pump gas!! i also purchased the blow off valve simulator as well. need for the s/c. i am looking for a large capacitor right now. that way i can race and listen to the radio without current draw. hey, you need tunes at 149mph trap speed lol

sorry, couldnt help myself. .[rofl]

i have had nothing but good luck with ebay .

#39 ·
I've bought a ton of stuff off ebay too. For the Focus I have I got my Tein S-tech springs, AEM short intake, Denso plugs, Royal Purple oil, Xenon Skirts, Ram-air hood (don't have anymore), drilled/slotted rotors, and xtra set of HID's, various bulbs and my whole stereo system (10" Fosgate, 550 Fosgate amp, box).

I probably bought almost every single mod for my previous car (Honda Accord) on there too, close to $3000 worth.

You need to be smart but I definitley give it a thumbs up!

#42 ·
how are the ks projectors? do they work well? have you had any probs?

#43 ·
hey bobby_d, you could always look in the buy/sell/trade sections of this fourm and on FJ. I've got a couple of things off there recently. I have also bought from e-bay and have had no problems. I try to not buy from those big crappy stores with 3,000,000,000,000,000 transactions.

#46 ·
It wasn't for car parts, but I had a seller change his sale and E-Bay would not let me back out because he changed it too close to the closing of the auction. I don't think I'll be shopping there again.

#47 ·
has anyone had any trouble getting the cheaper short rams to fit off of ebay? there is one i'm looking at that has a k&n filter... but the rest of the components look to be the cheaper variety...

#48 ·
bought so much stuff off of ebay but the first time i had a problem was with Yahoo auctions. I bought a 6-71 supercharger for my SBC s10. I paid for it and the guy was always in contact with me. Then i got an email saying the shipping company dropped the supercharger and that he doesnt think it will bolt up correctly. So he said he tried to bolt it up and it didnt work. Then he said he is sending my money back. 2 months later nothing, i even emailed him around 20 times. I contacted yahoo= no help, western union= No help, my credit card company=no help since i bought a money order ( i was overseas at the time only way to pay) then i filed compaint with internet fraud department of the FBI they got into contact with him but still no money.

TIP: DONT EVER USE MONEY ORDER!!! They do not cover you at all.

#50 ·
Ebay is GREAT...here is what I bought (almost everything)

Halo headlight....120 + shipping (not too bad..it was ok)

Magnaflow Cat-Back...199 +20 or 30 ship

FS header.....120 shipped

FC 65mm tb....106 shipped

white gauage face......40

Hella Projector.....127 shipped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.