Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2008-2011 Picture Thread!!

2M views 9K replies 317 participants last post by  bwiren13 
#1 ·
Didn't see one of these yet. I just bought mine but havn't actually taken delivery of it yet. It is a 2011 SES 4door in Blue Flame Metallic with the lighter interior. I'll be sure to update my post with pictures when I get it. When you post put your mods before your first picture so we know what you have done. Look forward to seeing everyone's car's and am really looking forward to actually getting my car!!

#4,819 ·
Nothing too exciting, just how she looks everyday. only got up to 119* today, put another 225+ miles on it too.

#4,823 ·
Yes you can, With my tune I got it up to 142mph.. This was on a private property road on private property that I have rights to. DO NOT DO IT ON PUBLIC ROADS, and honestly our cars are not made for it lol. Mine was gliding but still you can really tell our cars aren't sound deadened much haha.

It was a one time deal. I was in my last gear and let out at about 6100rpm

#4,824 ·
^^^^Yep, i have only been to 110mph while at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. (AKA a real race track, not on public roads!)The sound was deafening with my super loud tires, wind noise and so on. it just costs too much to drive fast in our cars. thats why i love blasting around in the desert, you cant go fast and you dont need a lot of power either!

#4,826 ·
my gps is spot on speed up to the 120mph the dash shows and the gps showed 142 when i let out. Like i stated above I will not be doing it again as our cars are simply not made for it and I wont be out to my parents for several months.
As far as the parts to make 175 wheel horsepower some of My mods are
FS Werks CAI
Custom 2.5 inch Exhaust
SCT xcal 3 with Custom 93octane Tune
FSWerks 4-1 Race Header
FS Werks CAI
Custom 2.5 inch Exhaust
SCT xcal 3 with Custom 93octane Tune
FSWerks 4-1 Race Header
FRPP Suspension

I'm not going to argue with you on it but I know what my gps speed showed.

#4,827 ·
Okay well I'm just guessing here but since you don't have a dyno sheet to show us of actual whp, your mods on an automatic 2.0.... I'm guessing you have about 138whp. Maybe 140 on a cooler day.

#4,832 ·
Well, FSWERKS dyno sheets of a stock 2.0 manual put the baseline around 120whp. The automatic will obviously be several HP down (approx 20% drivetrain loss vs 15% in the manual).
Intake/tune/exhaust are good for about 20hp gain on the 2.0 manual and FSWERKS clearly states that adding the race header is good for about 6-7whp with typical bolt ons. (The race header dyno sheet is on a car with port/polish and cams, so that is of no help here)

You have what I would guess is close to the tune of 135-140 wheel horsepower. That is a generous estimate.

#4,839 ·
Yes I'm sure it is exactly the same. I'll remember that next time I'm out in the country bouncing over a poorly paved road that those poor fools in Germany have to suffer the same problems at 143mph.

#4,842 ·
not every road is poorly paved you need to get out more. have you even been out of your home state or home town??

#4,851 ·
Aw, I'm not that bad of a guy, really. I just enjoy facts and since most of what I read around here is assumptions and hearsay, I have to go hunting for facts and bring everyone back to the real world.

Speedometers are not accurate. there can be an 8-10% error at high speeds
GPS units are not accurate. They calculate position vs time elapsed. If there is any interference at all between receiver and satellite, the position will be incorrect and the speed will not be accurate.

Do I believe you went 'fast' in your focus, yes. Anyone with half a brain can mash their foot down and go fast. Do I believe you went 140+mph fast in your Focus? Not at all. Not even close. I'd maybe believe 130, tops but never would I believe more than that without some major power adder involved or you know, proof.

PSUrivie, I believe our row was based on an argument that the oversized drinks tray you've mounted on the bottom of your bumper was somehow reducing drag and improving MPG. I presented you (and everyone) with some facts about simple aerodynamics and if you want to ignore me go right ahead and keep believing what you want.

Now, lets all shake hands and get back to the photos, huh? [:)] I love you guys, you're my best friends.

#4,853 ·
MOAR PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I was on the water going that fast I probably looked the same when wiping out! I pulled a groin injury at 50+ MPH, haven't been on the water since!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.