Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Just moved! Anyone near Poughkeepsie NY?

4K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Snyper 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Job has relocated me from Horseheads to Poughkeepsie NY! Anyone else around here? I'm looking for a little help with a few projects for my 05 yellow hatch this summer!

#2 ·
holy crap finally another foucs in the area i had to look back in for this lol but yea im ten minutes from beacon the other two guys moved up to albany .

#7 ·
Hey guys, I just registered to say that I am also a resident of Dutchess County, and a Focus owner. In fact, I just sold one to myself on the fifth.

You read that correctly: I'm a Sales Consultant at one of the local Ford dealers around here! We should definitely do a meet-up sometime.

#14 ·
Yes a meet up and cruise would be awesome! I'v been itching to meet fellow FF members in the area for a while. Anyone have any ideas for a spot/date? Somewhere in Poughkeepsie would be good and maybe on a weekend.

#16 ·
I've up to Kingston to Keegan Ales. So Poughkeepsie is a much closer drive. Plus breakfast always sounds good. I was pretty spoiled in LA with a car show every week. But the SoCal fanatics never really wanted to meet other than in the county where they were centered. Which was the OC. Which meant I would have to drive over hour then drive up to the mountains. Which was another hour. And to top it off I had to work Saturdays. But you will know my car when you see it. I still have my Cali tags. And I think my windows are a bit dark for NY.

#17 ·
I'll have to keep a look out for you!

By the way, how do you guys take care of your car's exterior? I've got an advantage in that I work at a local Ford dealer, so my waxing and washing will be taken care of, but I still want to spray the undercarriage. Do any of you know the best place to get this done around here?

#19 ·
By the way, how do you guys take care of your car's exterior? I've got an advantage in that I work at a local Ford dealer, so my waxing and washing will be taken care of, but I still want to spray the undercarriage. Do any of you know the best place to get this done around here?
Not sure about that ^. Possibly jack it up and power wash it lol?

And Sundays are good for me up until the summer when I start back up at work. Maybe we should throw a new thread up on N.E. Fanatics. Possibly the 10th of March so people have time to see it and see if they are available? I could do that so we can all just find out when we are free.

Also there are car shows every Wednesday at Bear Mountain. It is pretty cheap from what I remember. That would be a fun event to all cruise down to this spring/summer.

-Wil

#18 ·
I go to foam and wash. They have an ok deal for a full wash with rainX. I used to just hand wash/dry/wax my own car when I was detailing limos.

Also a meet up would be sweet on a Sunday. I'm glad to see this thread get more of a response than I expected. Didn't think there were too many FF people around here.

#25 ·
Hi all I just moved to the area nice to see a few people active around here. I would love to get involved, I used to be a jeep guy and would meet up with those guys all the time although we would go wheeling. But im down for wrenching, riding, and shooting the shit.

I have an 02 zx5 just bought this wed and an 00 zx3. Currently will be working on the zx5 as it needs a good bit of attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.