Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Clear coat peeling on 17s?

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  CriticalMass 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 ses with the 17 inch alloys and when I walked out to my car this morning I saw this on my wheel looks like the clear coat peeling. I usually wash my wheels 2 or 3 times a week but I haven't in a while being winter in Michigan. I use a all wheel cleaner that is safe for all factory coated wheels. Any ideas on this and has anybody else had this problem?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

See less See more
#8 ·
I have been to one and from what I hear from freinds the other one is just as bad I hope ford fixes this costumer service issue. This is what's keeping me from buying another ford. Too bad cuz I like there car line up.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FF Mobile
I have a feeling Crystal from Ford Customer service(keeps an eye on FF) will chime in before too long and make sure you have no more customer service issues from your local dealerships(=

#14 ·
I want to bump this as I am having the same issue, didn't want to repost, and was wondering what experience people had in going to Ford with it lately. I'm pretty disappointed/upset. the car has 47k on it, 2 and a half years old (owned it for just over a year myself) and adding insult to injury I just had new tires installed so to get new wheels (which I can't afford) I'd basically be paying for installation of the tires twice.

#17 ·
Same problem with my 2011. And I was only at 34k miles when it started happening. Dealership wouldnt do anything about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.