Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Clear coat peeling on 17s?

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  CriticalMass 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 ses with the 17 inch alloys and when I walked out to my car this morning I saw this on my wheel looks like the clear coat peeling. I usually wash my wheels 2 or 3 times a week but I haven't in a while being winter in Michigan. I use a all wheel cleaner that is safe for all factory coated wheels. Any ideas on this and has anybody else had this problem?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

See less See more
#6 ·
Really? But the dealership where I live never wants to warranty anything I went they because I had shifter noise and they said "they can't replicate the problem"

Sent from my ADR6350 using FF Mobile
With warranty repair and such it completely and totally comes down to how helpful each dealer is. The one where I purchased my car brand new in 2010 doesn't mind my mods or anything and repairs or replaces anything that could cause the problem via their guide for the symptoms.

But the dealership here where I attend College refuses to help for crap lol
they say the same as yours, we didn't find anything wrong.

Try another dealership within driving range, as long as they are a certified FORD dealer they must service your car to warranty(=

#7 ·
With warranty repair and such it completely and totally comes down to how helpful each dealer is. The one where I purchased my car brand new in 2010 doesn't mind my mods or anything and repairs or replaces anything that could cause the problem via their guide for the symptoms.

But the dealership here where I attend College refuses to help for crap lol
they say the same as yours, we didn't find anything wrong.

Try another dealership within driving range, as long as they are a certified FORD dealer they must service your car to warranty(=
I have been to one and from what I hear from freinds the other one is just as bad I hope ford fixes this costumer service issue. This is what's keeping me from buying another ford. Too bad cuz I like there car line up.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

#14 ·
I want to bump this as I am having the same issue, didn't want to repost, and was wondering what experience people had in going to Ford with it lately. I'm pretty disappointed/upset. the car has 47k on it, 2 and a half years old (owned it for just over a year myself) and adding insult to injury I just had new tires installed so to get new wheels (which I can't afford) I'd basically be paying for installation of the tires twice.

#17 ·
Same problem with my 2011. And I was only at 34k miles when it started happening. Dealership wouldnt do anything about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.