Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Looking for 12V Switched Power Behind Radio

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jasonwhite 
#1 ·
Greetings. I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE with the standard radio and I'm installing a SiriusXM Edge and would like to hardwire the power instead of using the cigarette adapter. I already have a mini 12V-to-5V converter but am looking for a 12V switched (only on when the vehicle is on) power source behind the radio. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Does yours come radio with SYNC/USB support? If so, look behind the radio for the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM). There is a +5v violet/grey wire coming out of pin 8. This is directed to the USB port in the glove box or center console, and you can tap into that without having to use an auxiliary 12v-5v converter. It is not a true ACC wire, in that it will also be powered on when the radio is on without a key, but will also shutdown automatically, with the radio, after a predetermined time. I would use that wire if possible, rather than adding an additional transformer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.