Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Look at my cars, they're not a Focus, they might be BMW's

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  xxMichaelAnthony 
#1 ·
Been a while since I posted here. My SVTF has been gone for a bit over a year now. Sure do miss driving the car but I'm not mad I sold it. Anyways, I've posted my E30 up here before, seems most people liked it so I'd figure I'd post it up again as well as my new daily I picked up.

Hope this car hasn't been destroyed.

The E30. Currently down with a bad alternator. Think I'm going to pull the engine for a full reseal this winter since it leaks badly.

I may have already posted these, can't remember. Deal with it.

instagram! Follow me, nicksmithbmx

New daily. E34 525iT. 242K miles, stacks of maintence from the previous owner. Only a few things don't work 100% correct and has a tad of rust on the doors, otherwise is rock solid.

Fairly plain looking when I bought it. Traded my clueless roommate the 2 piece BBS style 5's off his later 5 series cause my tires had more tread. The wheel are fairly beat but I'm refinishing them this winter. Lowered the front end 2 inches and added some Bilstein shocks and added some Lamin-X to the front. Otherwise she's all stock.

This picture really shows the color of the car.

I hid a stereo in the back. Polk components front and rear with an Alpine HU

Quick clean up of the wheels. They'll be completely torn apart this winter and redone.

Both on the street

[cheers]
Nick

See less See more
#2 ·
I hope that beautiful SVT isn't destroyed either. Did you sell it to someone on here? (I don't remember)

Nice to see you popping in[wave] Love your E30! (and I started following you on Instagram[;)])

#9 ·
It's strange, I've never had a car that I enjoy driving quite as much...but in comparison to my SVT. The SVT was a much better driving car. Steering feel was perfect, breaks were very strong, much quicker, predictable at the limit etc. The E30 is a great driving car but I have never got that sense of being so connected that I did with the SVT.

Thanks for the compliments!

#15 ·
Thank you! I appreciate that!

The rear bumper is stock but the valance insert is from an 06 I think, SAP sedan. You can get them from Ford for alittle over $100. There was a guy on focaljet who worked at a dealership and got discounts for members, can't remember who it was though. Either way, it's a cheap and easy mod that looks 100X better than stock. Had to pull the cover off to drill a few holes for it, but even with that only took about an hour.

#19 ·
You got it. I loved that thing, wanted one forever. Unfortunately I sold it before I got to mount some big ass lights on there.

It just clamped around the lower radiator support. Nothing crazy. They do make a nice skid plate that mounts more securely.

Gahhhh starting to miss this car now that I've been thinking about it the last few days [chair]

#22 ·
Yes, in the picture of it laying on the floor you can see them screwed into the bottom of the lower bar. Simple L brackets.

#24 ·
Call em! I called them after I hadn't got any order confirmation. They seemed pretty cool and from what I could gather, they were making mine right then, you could just ask them not to powder coat it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.