Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2010 ford focus gas pedal vibration

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sailor 
#1 ·
Hey guys my 10 ses has a horrible vibration in the gas pedal when I'm on the gas but nothing when I'm in cruise control. The tires are cupped and the car needs an alignment is this what is causing the pedal vibration oh and it fells like my brakes are skipping when I go to stop

#4 ·
Sorry I didn't hear your mileage on the unit.? It might be plug wires, as one lost cylinder on a 4 banger causes lots of shakes.I buy my wires at NAPA [lifetime gaurentee] and change em' out with new plugs every 24-30 K miles.NAPA never questions the exchange of wires.

#5 ·
K
No plugs on our cars and the coils should more than likely be ok.
Any check engine light? You can pull a plus out and have a look at it to see if they need replacing.
Still doesn't explain that you'r gas pedal is vibrating. How's the motor running?

#6 ·
Yup, and a "2010" should be "fly by wire" so the pedal vibration could only be a harmonic vibration caused by something else.....

The "cupped tires" certainly COULD be the actual issue, as they are likely to vibrate quite a bit!

When the alignment gets done, suspension joints, wheel bearings & brakes should be checked at the same time. Anything worn & loose could contribute to the problem - without knowing the mileage it's impossible to guess how likely that would be, but such a check for loose components is normal before wasting time trying to align something too loose to accurately align!

Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.