Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Word to the wise www.hypillauto.com is a RIP OFF *LOCKED*

16K views 173 replies 48 participants last post by  S2 
#1 · (Edited)
Word to the wise www.hypillauto.com is a RIP OFF

Dear Wayne,
Hopefully you will do the right thing and shut down that worthless website of yours.
After countless attempts to work with you I have had no choice but to have the fraud protection ticket punched on my credit card. Of course, this was only after I had to file a mountain of paperwork and produce all transcripts of our interaction-which btw from your end, did not amount to much.

A word to the wise:
For all focusfanatic users that are interested in purchasing a tune or performance mod for your car, I highly recommend you shop elsewhere. Ironically, his website will more then willingly take your money like a fart in a hurricane, but good luck getting answers out of him afterwards.

Man up Wayne Foy
Scott Fulton RE: Order # 205

#52 ·
The REAL question is...

Why is this guy still a vendor on the site?

Why does he still have his own forum?

Its ridiculous that he is not only still in business, but that he is GETTING business from new people here on FF.com because his forum is still up, and site still linked. The new people that see it think "Hey, a good tune!" and don't know about the shitty customer service, so they are almost tricked into sending Wayne thier money.

Its BS, and I hope sooner or later, Tom (mod tom), will do what is right and get Wayne off these boards.

#54 ·
CrazyMatt said:
The REAL question is...

Why is this guy still a vendor on the site?

Why does he still have his own forum?

Its ridiculous that he is not only still in business, but that he is GETTING business from new people here on FF.com because his forum is still up, and site still linked. The new people that see it think "Hey, a good tune!" and don't know about the shitty customer service, so they are almost tricked into sending Wayne thier money.

Its BS, and I hope sooner or later, Tom (mod tom), will do what is right and get Wayne off these boards.
That's a big 10-4 on that. Where's the Mod's to clean that up? They take down pics, edit post, but let this guy stay on the site? Why?

[???:)]

#55 ·
Just to clear up FocusFanatics involvement in this situation;
He is currently paid up for his forum and affiliate status,
but it looks like as soon as that campaign expires, it won't be renewed.

Can't believe his website is down. [:(]

#56 ·
Wow, just wow. Even Daeron hasn't heard from Wayne all week and he is his business partner! I'm sorry to say, but if this were a regular user selling in the b/s/t forum their account would have been suspended, if not banned, a long time ago. All of this falls right on Wayne's doorstep. I understand that he is having personal problems, but in his attempt to save it all, he may end up losing it all.

#57 ·
WD40 said:
Just to clear up FocusFanatics involvement in this situation;
He is currently paid up for his forum and affiliate status,
but it looks like as soon as that campaign expires, it won't be renewed.

Any idea when that is? I am not trying to be an ass, but I really think something should be done to protect the new people from losing thier money.

#58 ·
CrazyMatt said:
Any idea when that is? I am not trying to be an ass, but I really think something should be done to protect the new people from losing thier money.
There should then be a "warning thread" attached to his forum by FF so that newbies can read that first and THEN judge on their own.

#59 ·
I'm totally surpised people are still buying from this guy. The shoddy custumer service and multpile negative posts persuaded me to go with Tom's tune. What good is 6 months of tunes if you can't communicate with the guy. I emailed Tom on a Saturday night not expecting to hear from him till monday. Tom replied within an hour. Been really easy to get a hold of. It's funny how people keep defending this guy and his problems in order to justify things. I have problems but I still have to go to work.

#60 ·
CrazyMatt said:
^^^Working on it...

#63 ·
jaimz22 said:
please don't make posts about this stuff.
Yes please dont post about legitimate issues getting products from a vendor... thats just not nice.

Pfft. If Wayne has kept on screwing up with people to the point its come to this... he deserves what he gets.

I mean please... hes done this dissapearing act like daily? he has Daeron running defense for him now, which is fine, he needed more people... but it doesnt seem like the quality of work (tunes that work well) are coming out of Waynes shop much anymore and Daeron isnt really a tuner and cant fix anything... so it all comes down to waiting on Wayne...

I say take your money to another vendor.

#64 ·
Clegg said:

I say take your money to another vendor.
x674805634053468905634 and 3/4ths[thumb]

I just feel bad for the new people that come on here and order from Wayne, without realizing the ongoing issues. Its borderline being ripped-off.

#65 ·
Even Daeron has gotten the short end of the stick. Wayne made him a partner in the business and Daeron has not heard a peep from him in over a week, despite him trying. Daeron doesn't even have anything to do with the money side of the business so he can't give people refunds. Assuming Wayne is still alive and kicking, he needs to man up and let his customers, friends and business partner know what is going on. If he can no longer run his business like a business is supposed to be run then he should give it up.

#68 ·
Wow....

JUst... wow. I feel SO bad for everyone left hanging out there by this.... those poor Foci.

A warning thread would be a great idea! Caveat Emp'tor! Or however the french say it!

#72 ·
I know I just switched to Tom and he's been great. Everytime I call, he picks up and helps me out. I should have went with him to begin with, would have saved me some money and headaches. Oh well, live and learn.
Kent

#76 ·
Tom has long been of the opinion that making a tune for a non-SVT Zetec is useless because 1) there's very little that can be done on a stock setup to increase power, and 2) if you're dealing with a non-stock setup there's too many variables for a one-size-fits-all tune like he has for the SVT.

Now I'm not sure if he does tuning via e-mail if you have mods...you'd have to contact him about that, but I will say that if you take the time to go to his shop and have him put your car on the dyno he's very reputable. I went to him in May of '05 for a Quaife and 4.06 gears, and he went out of his way to pick me up at the hotel I was staying at for the two days that he had my car out of commission so I wouldn't have to just sit at the hotel all day, and he even took me to dinner with him and his wife one night. If he was still in the turbo business there'd be no question in my mind where to go for a turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.