Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Voice Activation Issue

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dan03833 
#1 ·
I'm having an issue with the Voice Activation. When I pull the lever, "Voice Activation" comes up on the screen, but no voice prompting me for a command. I can receive calls, but I can not use voice commands to make them. When I plug my iPod into the USB port and try to direct the system to play the iPod, nothing happens, again no voice prompt for direction.
Anyone else have something similar happen? Is there a way to reset the system somehow?

#2 ·
You can try a master reset under your settings tab, or you can pull your fuses and do a manual reset, OR floating around several places is the delayed reboot app which will essentially do the same thing as the fuse pull.

Try one of these methods and hopefully you should be okay.

#3 ·
Chances are only the fuse pull may work for the OP as they have an SE, likely only with SYNC and MyFord if its a 2012 and not MFT, so the delayed reboot application, or the settings menu likely do not exist.

#5 ·
If you say a voice command like "I am hungry", does it do anything ?
If it does, is it possible that your Sync is setup to Advanced in Settings -> Voice control

#6 ·
Ah, found it. Here it is for non-MFT Sync if you want to give it a try:

1. Press to enter the PHONE MENU.
2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.
3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS menu.
4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.
5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display
6. Press OK. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.
7. Press OK to confirm. The radio display will read RESET DONE.

#8 ·
Thanks Man! This worked like a charm. For anyone else interested, there are a couple things I noticed afterwards. I had to clear sync from my phone's blue tooth menue, and re-couple it. Then I also had to upload my phone book from the phone as well. The other point to note; when I tried to use the sync services & voice commands for iPod, I had to wait for it to re-initialize the voice prompts.
But, the important thing is, it all works just fine again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.