Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Wastegate

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
Hi
I need a wastegate for my SPA turbo manifold... its a 3 bolt pattern... Question is what is the best out there? I've narrowed it down to 2 different wastegates... any reccommondations?

Turbonetics Evo Wastegate
Synapse wastegate

These are both a 2 bolt flange wastegates and my turbo manifold is a 3 bolt... any idea where i can get the adaptor flange???

#5 ·
Do you have them custom made? what are they made of? have any pics? seems really expensive but idk... i just don't want to spend like $350-$400 between the wastegate and the plate for it.... didn't want to spend more than $250 on a wastegate, but hey send me a pic! Have any of those wastegates you want to sell?

ALso what hp rating are those good for?

#12 ·
when i had my spa manifold i was going to make a adapter flange some thing like this. io dont know if it wil have clearance issues or anything like that.

but honestly i would just get a 3/8 flange made by weirtech.ca order a tial Mv-s for 250 vband flanges included and get a local welder to tig it on for a 12 pack of premium beer. thats how i use to pay local welders lol. for small simple jobs like that welders dont mind working for beer lol.

here is my flange, if you need something drawn up just let me know ill see what i can do.

#23 ·
tial is my first choice, or between your two choices go turbonetics. Synapse makes crappy products. We had a bov leak, sent it in with a video, they sent us a new one, it leaked too, sent it in with another video and the third one leaked a different spot. So we got a refund. What a pile of shit for a company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.