Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Chin splitter

22K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  dgoebel 
#1 ·
I've been looking at possibly putting a chin splitter on my focus and wanted to get some opinions on what think about it. Is there a certain brand they at should go with if I decide to? Thanks.

#4 ·
focus 2012 on here is making some to sell on here in the vendor buy area.

That splitter in the picture looks odd because they didnt remove the factory lip, just went over it.

#10 ·
it probably is, but it is the only option that is anywhere near being released, and aluminum is a lot cheaper. The gen 2 loder one costs $500 and with the fact that a lot of gen 3 parts are selling for a premium over gen 2, I would probably expect one to sell in the $500-700 range.

#28 ·
I do like the Loder, but I'll take the Cobb piece if it'll fit. It looks sweet to me, will probably be slightly cheaper (at least for shipment) and the rear diffuser is more what I want too.

(I'm thinking the giant wing too ;) LOL)

#30 ·
I do like the Loder, but I'll take the Cobb piece if it'll fit. It looks sweet to me, will probably be slightly cheaper (at least for shipment) and the rear diffuser is more what I want too.

(I'm thinking the giant wing too ;) LOL)
you could get the wing now, it is not made by them, Aeromotions R2.Two active wing but starts at $3700.

#35 ·
APR will build you a custom one to fit the Focus perfectly. The problem is you're supposed to have 3-4" of flat surface and because of the Mk3's bumper there isn't that until you get 6 or so inches under, which would defeat part of the purpose.

#39 ·
Ray,

Currently we are waiting for the 2012/2013 Focus ST to be released to determine our support level. Most likely, our parts will only focus on the ST factory turbo-charged model as it falls in line with the other vehicles we support. Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on one soon so we can begin testing! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Ian Armstrong
Tech Support

I asked cobb awhile back if they would release anything for our focus... that was my reply

#47 ·
I noticed that the other day, I'm just not keen on the looks.

BTW, I'm CobraIILover on Mustangii.net in case you didn't know.

#49 ·
I'm patiently waiting to add a Bojix designs front splitter to my 2012 SEL,

Ordered it about a week ago with the 3D Carbon rear wing, wing's here already, just waiting on the splitter.

#54 ·
Well, regardless of what Kyle's thinking, some like it, I do, and I've gone and done it.
Just can leave any car (that I can afford) stock.
Here's after 1st edition, thinking about painting bottom most leading edge lip black, or doing it in DiNoc CF wrap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.