Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Injen sp series intake installed

11K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  biggc 
#1 ·
Just installed my intake. I love the Injen products. I have a PowerFlow on my Nissan Frontier too. Haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet. Gonna be heading to work soon. Should be fun! FSWerks Stealth exhaust will be installed this week! [headbang]

See less See more
#11 ·
Would be nice to see what it does on the dyno. How does the butt dyno like it? Can you do any vids?

#17 ·
Not at this time. It is a new intake and requires CARB approval. Which is extortion by the way! [rant]
Eventually it will be. The intake on my Frontier got CARB approval and they sent me a sticker.

As far as the "Butt Dyno" it does feel peppier, but my Stealth exhaust is not on yet. That will come Friday. [wrenchin] So I would think it will get even better.

#15 ·
The "tuning" refers to the diameter of the area where the MAF sensor slots into the intake. They keep the diameter the same as stock in order to keep the A/F as close to stock as possible. I know that other companies do this as well. Such as Airaid for other cars (which is a company that uses a removable insert so that you can open it up once you have ecu tuning available).

If you look, the diameter necks down around the MAF sensor. That is the "tuning" they speak of.

#16 ·
It comes polished too for those that are interested. I have not tried this brand before, but I know that a lot of Mazda guys like them.

Here is a polished one at Summit Racing:

2012 FORD FOCUS 2.0L 4CYL

Part Number: INJ-SP9000P

Estimated Ship Date: 11/26/2012 (if ordered today)

$277.40

#18 ·
So I got my FSWerks Stealth exhaust on today. I forgot my camera so i did not get any pictures. Very easy clean install using a lift at my buddies shop. Sounds great. Much quieter cruising at highway speeds than I would have thought and a little louder than I thought at idle and going through the gears but, great upgrade for sure! The car really scoots now!

#19 ·
Nice... The stealth is the only exhaust I'm currently considering. I've been a muscle car tuner all my life and really am trying to stay away from the fart can exhaust sound that so many go with... I wanna free up the path and get a little sound out of it , nothing obnoxious... Get a sound clip if you can, I listen to every one I can..

#20 ·
Hey Ducati20, I have a feeling this is a thread you may enjoy! (its for motorcycle owners... and Ducati's are the best!)

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292882

Also, I've heard the FSwerks exhaust stealth exhaust on the older gen focus, and they sound very nice. subtle, not obnoxious. Very very unlike the Honduh's and other ricers

#22 ·
i have looked at this but im skeptical how that little piece of metal can stop heat soak. KN and steeda have put effort into separte the intake "chamber"

but the injen it the best looking by far!

#30 ·
I don't think anyone is discrediting the fact that Injen makes quality stuff or that their intake will put down numbers... The issue is their claim of being "tuned" and whether there is heat sink issues. The only way to answer those questions is running A/F during dynoing and putting that against another intake, same day/same dyno and real world testing... So, the question is, is that information out there?

#31 ·
Understand your point and I was answering the posts/questions about whether or not the OP had done the dyno work....I would have to go back and look at my dyno sheet to see what the AFR was.

I have said it before, there is only so much power that is going to be gained on a NA 4cyl 2.0L engine....the ST is a perfect example; gaining 90 hp with 19-20lbs of boost is not that impressive.

The heat soak discussion has been around since aftermarket companies have constructed intakes and I don't think there has been that much if any temperature differences between IAT's on plastic/metal intakes.

If I could afford it I would love to see an intake shootout via a dyno, same day, same conditions, etc....you see this in the mustang and larger markets but unfortunatley we will never see it on the Focus as it is just not that large of a market and will not get the exposure that the other brands/lines do.

#34 ·
I have said it before, there is only so much power that is going to be gained on a NA 4cyl 2.0L engine....the ST is a perfect example; gaining 90 hp with 19-20lbs of boost is not that impressive.
Actually in the case of the ST; gaining 90hp with 20lbs of boost running 87 octane is extremely impressive. It is a damn amazing trick. Clearly you've never seen a turbo'd engine blowup from insufficient octane.

The fact that its tuned to run 19-20lbs of boost on 87octane means that with some plumbing upgrades (like downpipe and catback) and tuned for 94 octane some truely impressive numbers are possible.

Maybe your just not easily impressed.

#36 ·
83hp more hp and your engine still doesnt blowup on 87 octane.

I will concede that in terms of cost benifit ratio 20psi to get 83hp gives a feeling of something lacking.

Having said that; in your mustang community how many people with forced induction (turbo kit or supercharged) run 87 octane?

#37 ·
My experience with forced induction is from WRX's and STI's.

Properly tuned its reasonable to get roughtly 15hp per 1psi over factory boost with supporting upgrades (plumbing, FMIC) tuning and specific high octane fuel in a subaru. So yeah 20psi and 83HP sucks. BUT on 87 octane it is actually quite amazing.

#38 ·
If you wanna discuss forced induction at length and the HP wars go start another thread... This one is starting to veer off topic. Injen intake talk por favor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.