Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Mid West Boredom Thread

439K views 4K replies 92 participants last post by  UnFocusedST 
#1 ·
So, I figured every other place had one.. Why not us? Even though there aren't very many active people in this forum.

#1,610 ·
Come on Avie, you killin me, need pics.

All these foci times kill me. My 01 Superduty with a 5.4 ran a best of 15.68 @91 mph with a reaction time of .305 (Heartland Park Topeka, a few years back), hard to believe it was faster than my 04 with the 2.3D, My focus feels tons faster, not sure if it is or not, just sold the love of my life......

#1,616 ·
New Bumper...Was very excited at first, but driving around on that fiber glass scares the crap out of me!
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/colbystack/newbumper.jpg
That is very good looking! Perhaps I can help a bit. What is your clearance from the most forward/lowest edge to the ground. You want it to be a minimum of 5 inches ( ask that you just trust me on this. I did quite extensive studies in this regard). If 5 " or less. then you want to attach a skid plate on the underside of the outer most splitter bits. 1/16" aluminum or rubber (aluminum preferred). Attach it (important!!!!) with "GOOP" (why goop? Because goop even after it is fully cured will still come off with gentle rubbing. But it holds like the bees knees!). The plate will add strength to a critical area. Expect to replace the plate every year or two (my front air dam, I completely ground down the side screws, and my front splitter is totally scared underneath). That really does look fantastic. Be vary wary of the McDonalds in St. James, MO. if you get down that way.

#1,621 ·
I have $53 tickets to the Cards game on Friday, August 3rd for $25 through the charitable organization for which I work. It's Bruce Sutter Bobblehead Night, and a portion of the proceeds goes to help people with disabilities.

Plus, you get to see me throw out the first pitch!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

#1,637 ·
This sucks. Upon attempting to take my car out of it's limp status, I always find something else. My neg camber is causing my drivers front tire to just about show belt on the inside. I can't afford camber kits and I can't afford tires... Should I charge tires on my firestone account with low intentions of paying it on time?

#1,640 ·
Prolly not much for that price. Ill check when i get home. I have a set of eaps with tires on them. If the tires are worth a damn you can have them. And i have a friend with a shop downtown that can mount them cheap.

#1,644 ·
Ok, bought new tires from Sears. Had to go with the cheap ones but I charged it to my Sears card. I got Radar Verenti R6 tires, never heard of them and they haven't been on the market long enough to get reviews lol. They are treadwear rated at 400, traction is AA and temp is A. I guess we'll see how they are! Gotta get camber kits now, I'm tired of blowing money on tires.

I put on my new brake pads and two lugs seized on the studs, ugh, always something. I'll fix that tomorrow.

#1,645 ·
Ok, got my studs put in! I think my car is good again [thumb]. I reinforced a set of rear lower control arms, welded on the plates, and now I want to media blast or sand blast all the paint and rust off so I can paint them something glossy. Does anyone know someone in the KC area that has access to some sort of a blaster?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.