Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Weapon R Intake

16K views 99 replies 18 participants last post by  puffingonj 
#1 ·
Does the Weapon R intake manifold fit the Dtec in the 08 Focus? I was lookin online and couldnt find any engine info on their website.

#2 ·
D-tech/MZR

Yeah, it should fit & you wouldn't have issues w/ your p/s tank either, like the cossie has to be modifled. As you know, you'd need a tune. Let me know, how the quality is, how it fits & runs & what you think of it. Look at Mazda 3's also. D-tech/MZR are the same basic motor.

#6 ·
I like the Fwerks header the best, yeah its more money but worth it. For cams I like the 224-0010 cranes the best for a DD. You'd have to do something w/ the cam senser on the intake.

#9 ·
yeah i almost ordered one from weapon r a couple years ago and they also insisted it fit but it doesnt have an IACV port on the weapon r intake so it can only be used on the drive by wire model focus 08+ and i had an 07 cable driven so i cancelled that order and got a SCT livewire instead, i recommend the weapon r intake though for those of you that have drive by wire, they make a very good looking high quality product and the mazda 3 and focus share the same block... mazda actually designed it, contracted with ford to manufacture it, if you pop the hood on a mazda 3 almost every single part has FOMOCO stamped on it, the focus, mazda3, and volvo s40 were all built on the same frame from 05 through about 09

#11 ·
all the 4 lug focus are 4x108mm which is more uncommon, the mazda 3 has a 5x114.3mm aka 5x4.5" which is the most popular 5 lug pattern, you can do a 5 lug swap on the focus using the mazda 3 hubs but you would also need to get the mazda cv axles on the front because the outboard splines are different and the knuckle arm on the rear to mount the caliper bracket for the disc brakes other than that its a pretty simple swap, i plan on doing this to my car in the next couple months and posting a how to post on the swap as soon as i get a mazda 3 parts car, and i guess i should post on a thread on ford/mazda swaps this would be more appropriate in a new thread

#12 ·
Any links to this weapon r intake manifold? Ive been looking at the cossie but I'd like to see what else is out there. Although if money isnt an option I should probably just get the cossie

#13 ·
I managed to find it. Not bad on the pricing and it looks pretty damn cool. Only downside was it stops at 07 and says they are out of stock. So I may be screwed on this one.

#14 ·
even though they say it fits the 07 and previous it does not, it will bolt up to any duratec focus but the weapon r intake manifold doesn't have an IACV so it wont work on any pre 07 focus only 08+, thats when the focus changed to drive by wire, you will have to do some slight mods to get the cosi to work on a drive by wire focus, if you have a 08+ focus i would be looking a the weapon r, it should bolt right up and work with no mods but a tune. i would look on ebay and amazon i have found the weapon r intake on there before for about $450-$500

#15 ·
Thank you very much bro. I'm gonna look at it. I really want the cossie but I like the look of that weapon r

#17 ·
no problem im here to try and help, if you have a drive by wire focus i would definetly look at the weapon r instead of the cosi, personally the cosi is wayyyy overpriced, you can get a knock off version that a company called godspeed makes off ebay for $200, its identical to the cosi it just needs to be cleaned up some before you install it (they do a poor job of cleaning the edges from the casting, but to save about $500 i think its worth it to spend some time cleaning it up) I just bought a knock off cosi 2 weeks ago and i probably spent about 4-6 hours cleaning it up to cosworth quality to be installed, just waiting on my EGR delete kit, oil catch can for PCV, Header, and wideband A/F gauge before i put it on the car, will probably get installed in the next 2 to 3 weeks

#18 ·
I think I'm gonna just go with the weapon r. I already have the header, egr delete and I'm getting a wideband here very shortly. So I should be good to go. Also gonna have my tb bored from 55mm to 63mm. With all of that I should be sitting nice and pretty. I'd be happy if I really got that advertised 15-30 horsepower

#20 ·
They claim more on turbo applications. That factory intake manifold does look pretty damn restrictive. I think its an accurate power gain if you have supporting mods, which I have. If it were your only mod then maybe not so much.

#21 ·
yeah if you have an NA motor with no other mods you won't be seeing that kind of gain from an IM especially without a tune its just going to hurt you, but with a few other supporting mods like a header, exhaust, CAI, you can definetly see 15-30 HP increase with a tune to unlock the power of your mods, and in my opinion i would get the 67mm TB from CFM instead of boring yours out, i have it and it is great, much bigger than stock and much lighter throttle and better throttle response but i don't think anyone makes a drive by wire TB for the focus after 08, i would look for 08-10 mazda 3 or speed 3 TB instead, its the same block and if your gonna get the weapon r IM the mazda 3 TB will work fine you just might have to change your TPS or the pigtail for it

#22 ·
Thanks. Yes I have the fswerks cai, header, flex pipe, race exhaust and tune from them. So the IM would help me for sure and of course with the appropriate tune. I will have to check into what you said about that tb though. If nothing I will just bore mine out, its about as good as I'm gonna do.

#24 ·
Haha that sounds like pretty much everything I have done to my car, Except i have the 67mm CFM TB since I have an 07 and still cable driven, I would definetly look into mazda 3 throttle bodies though

#26 ·
eh i've been looking for a mazda 3 in a junkyard in my area to get the hubs and rear brakes and they are hard to come by, and i'm sure the stock TB is plastic on those as well, I would just look for aftermarket mazda 3 TB's im sure they make a bigger one than stock

#27 ·
Gotcha. Look for an aftermarket one for the mazda not the focus. My bad

#29 ·
Has anyone done this yet to an mk2? I want to do this but dammit I dont want to be the guinnea pig. I'm told it can work. But whos done it.

#34 ·
Well let me know how it works and then I will get one too lol. I see no one running them. Everyone says it will work no problem but I dont see anyone with them and that concerns me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.