Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Frosted Glass thread

19K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  Juicedz 
#1 ·
As has been done on other colors, post your Frosted Glass here!

See less See more
#10 ·
You guys are making me wish I bought a FGM hatchback instead of a FGM SE w. SFE.

I'll post some pictures after I get her a bath.

4 months, 12000+ miles, and I still love this color.

#18 ·
I love frosted glass, but my car isn't built yet.
It is also a very under-rated color. I've seen far more Sterling Grey, Blue Candy, Red Candy, Yellow Blaze, etc than Frosted Glass around here. When to my eyes it would be far and away my choice as evidenced by the car that I have on order. A kona blue Titanium was the first 2012 Focus I sat in up close and personal in 2010 as a final production level prototype that was brought to the supplier where I was interning at the time.

Between Kona blue, Sterling Grey, and Frosted Glass my preference would have been Frosted Glass, then Kona blue but due to the Tsunami in Japan the paint pigment was forced off the options list sooner than planned and replaced with the frankly quite plain/ ugly Sonic Blue (although that is my personal and biased opinion having seen Kona first, and finding it quite attractive), and then in third place due to being far too common around here Sterling Grey.

Car is scheduled to be built on Monday 4/23/12 theoretically, so here's hoping I'll have it before the first week in May, to then be able to take plenty of pictures. Car is a 2012 Ford Focus SEL in Frosted Glass metallic RS300a with winter package, which is helpful, but we are just about to get into summer soon, so testing the heated seats and the HVAC at the same time might be in order to ensure both the a/c works as well as the heated seats. [cheers]

#17 ·
Love that color. Would like to have seen it, but I took the first 5 speed sport pkg. hatch the dealer could find just happend to be candy blue...now I'm terrified to get a scratch because of the body shop horrors I've heard about lol. I do love the frosted glass

#19 ·
One issue is that getting Frosted Glass limits your option choices, such as not letting you get an SE Sport.

If you had more freedom with the colour I'm sure we'd see more.

#20 ·
That seemed like a problem at first, as if you wanted rear disk brakes your choices are limited to the SE SFE sedan, SEL Sedan, or SEL Hatchback, all with the DCT, but an SE sport loaded to the gills still had less equipment than a basic SEL (i.e. no dual zone automatic climate control, no puddle lamps with the winter package since the SEL already comes with the turn signal mirrors, etc), and cost more on the sticker, and even more so on A/Z plan, as there was a higher level of discount off of the higher trim level than there is off of the options. If you wanted a manual though you'd be stuck with an SE in the U.S.A., but in Canada you can also get the SEL equipped with the MTX-75, which would be nice, but the gear ratios are not really any better than my old car (well fractionally due to the effect of the larger tire with its larger rolling radius which brings down the rpm fractionally at least in theory.)

The strange thing is at least on the preliminary build configurator for the 2013 Ford Escape it was available in Frosted Glass with the black interior, but the escape is available only in a very traditional torque converter automatic transmission (the 6f35).

#21 ·
Apologies for the double post since no one has since responded to the thread, but I just got my car today and I'm really rather excited still.

[ffrocks][cheers][giddy][giddy][giddy]

Unfortunately due to when it arrived it was dark and raining so I was not able to get any good pictures of it all still wrapped up in the plastic, but isn't she a beauty?

I certainly think so. [grinking]

#23 ·
Carpeted mats are in the bags in the hatch as you can slightly see in the one hatch open shot, they installed the rubber mats at least in the front, I'll have to double check that the ones in the rear are in place, but I don't believe they are not in place.

Unfortunately I believe it rained after I got her home and she might not be as clean as she was when I picked her up, but I do really like the color.

They actually left the window sticker in the window, so they technically might not have cleaned the driver side rear passenger window, but I did get to take it down carefully and without tearing it :)

#28 ·
I think this might be because they may have only made around 5% of the 2012 Ford Focus in Frosted Glass, at least from what I can tell based on looking at a few local areas across the country.

Sterling Grey isn't bad looking, but it was running at a nearly 20% rate as far as cars sold, and it was far too common where I live.

I prefer Frosted Glass before all other colors, but that's another reason I'm thankful I was able to order a 2012 instead of waiting for a 2013.

#29 ·
Still looks like the color of alot of car interiors/exteriors (My grandmothers '71 Buick is the same color) from the '60s and '70s;not bad but it is a tame color and I think it's going to age like the teal of the '90s or the Salmon color Ford ushered out for one year in the early '90s.

#31 ·
I know it's not a Focus, but boy do the new Escapes look good in Frosted Glass.
I still would have preferred to see a Focus Wagon come here than to bring the Euro Kuga as the next Escape, well they could sell both, but the Focus wagon has a greater cargo volume despite being lower to the ground and lighter as well.

#32 ·
I have another for this thread; we received a FG SFE this week. I believe this is only the second SFE I've seen in person, the other being the same colour.

#36 ·
I don't have a direct side on shot that wasn't cropped/ focused on the windows from that day so I'd have to shoot some more some other time.

That is the nearest thing I have to a side on shot from that day. I took a perfect side on shot from before, but for some reason in my excitement I didn't take one identical afterwards, it didn't help that they parked the car sideways on an angle as well.

#38 ·
2012 Ford Focus Frosted Glass Production numbers

There were a lot more sedans than hatches, but over all there were also far more Frosted Glass Foci than there were Yellow Blaze, yet only a difference between about 1% to about 5-6% of the total produced as far as I can tell.

18569 Frosted Glass Foci were produced in 2012.

11774 of which were sedans

6795 of which were hatchbacks.

So given that it was only the SE or SEL that really narrows it down a bit.

It was kind of hard to hear what the guy was saying on the phone as it sounded like he said the total was x, but then he added sedan on the end of the first one afaik.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.