Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Class At Ff08

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  SquillyB 
#1 ·
First I would like to say sorry for not posting this earlier.

As some of you know I run nitrous on my car for drag racing. I had been running it on the stock tune and the trans was suffering because of it. So at FocusFest once I got to the hotel Randy from FS had sent me a free tune to try out for the nitrous. One problem after another with loading the tune to my XCal I gave up. Tom (1turbofocus) stepped up to the plate and took a quick look at the previous tune I had bought from Randy for street use. NOT only did he agree to help me re-tune the Lucid Nightmare ( my car) but he helped me make several changes to the tune through out the day. Why would someone do this, help the guy trying to beat two of his cars down the track you ask? Because he is a class act all the way around. In the spirit of a true racer and sportsman he wanted to make sure that he had the best race he could get sitting across from him at the line if it came down to me and him. He did it for the love of tuning, he did it for the love of the car and the love of racing in general. He did it for you, the fans. I would not have made it as far as I did in the races if it were not for him.
So a BIG THANK YOU FOR TOM IS REQUIRED!!

[pray] [pray] [pray] [pray]

Now as for the second item I would like to discuss.

His son,
I don't care what it has under the hood, if it has a focus chasis then its a focus, done deal. With that said I would like to relinquish my title of fastest track time to the ZX406. I'm not sure how it was figured out at the event but in my eyes I wasn't the fastest, he was, plain and simple.
I'll be back next year with Lucid Nightmare at FF09 and I will be coming for that title of fastest overall track time, until then its yours.

fair is fair and I think this is fair. As owner of the car Tom I believe this title is yours. I will remove it from my sig line once you post it in yours here in this thread.

Congrats to all the winners from the event!!!

Better watch out next year, I promise, Lucid Nightmare will show up with the 150 jets in and tanks to spare. No waiting on parts like this year[gunfire] NX

Sincerely,

Billy Hayes
and
Lucid Nightmare

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, that is way cool of Tom to help you out. When I read that in the other thread I thought that's wild he's helping you even though you're racing against him. But again, way cool. I'm definitely getting a tune from him when I get the rest of my mods.

FF08 was a blast and it was nice meeting you and watching the nightmare run down the track.

#5 ·
very standup of you billy, i didnt see many runs, which made me sad, but if you say so i beleive it

and ive always like tom, hes the man when it comes to tuning, he knows his stuff, and i cant wait to get some tunes from him, sucks i wont ever be able to have him dyno tune my car[:(]

#7 ·
You might. By next year the Lentech will be in with the street terminator package attached to it and I will be running the trans brake kit with the manual shift mod for the ATX. I will also be spraying the full 150 shot instead of just a 50 shot. 300 WHP on a car set up for nothing but drag racing is gonna be a challenge for everyone involved, including me.

Where's Tom?!

Come get your title buddy

#9 ·
We need to talk then. ^^

So here.... this is yours,

[pray]

[woot] FF08 FASTEST TRACK TIME[woot]

But I'll be back to get it soon enough[wrenchin]

Thanks again for the help, and your personal story that you shared with me was an inspiration as well. I'm trying to relearn things and hearing things like that from guys like you assures me I may be down but I'm not out.[thumb]

#10 ·
Thanks, I am glad I could help you out , Nothing worse then a tune that doesnt work and on top of that would of hurt you Focus , Cant have that

Again I am glad that I could help you out with your tuning issues and you got to keep running and drive home

This ATX is nice and would be perfect for what your doing

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.